Director, Compensation Initiatives
Management Band 3
This position is currently under review for exclusion/under classification review.
An eligibility list may be established.
SALARY AMENDED August 27, 2019: $76,200.06 – $105,700.02 annually
It’s your time to Achieve, Excel and Succeed in this career building role!
The Health Human Resources and Labour Relations Division (HHRLR) is responsible for provincial health care workforce strategies that enable and support the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) overall strategic direction for the health system. The HSWD portfolio includes: education, training, and professional development; recruitment and retention; forecasting and modelling; workforce optimization; professional regulation and oversight; negotiations and agreements; beneficiary services, compensation policy and programs; and, workforce analytics.
The Role: To develop, implement, manage, monitor and evaluate, and improve ministry compensation policies and programs for physicians and other health care workers in support of a patient-centred health care system that is accountable, sustainable and cost-effective.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Marie.Ty@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in public or business administration, finance, health service/administration, economics, or related subject and a minimum of 3 years of senior level recent (within the last 5 years), related experience (preference may be given to candidates with 5 or more years of experience). A master’s degree may be preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education/experience may be considered.
Senior level recent, related experience includes:
- Leading strategic policy initiatives.
- Reviewing and identifying complex (multifaceted) issues.
- Providing advice and recommendations to, and developing written materials for, management and executive on policy matters.
- Progressive project management experience.
- Leading inter-ministry and/or external consultations.
- Leading and directing teams.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Contract/agreement management experience.
- Experience making presentations and engaging in dialogue with senior level officials (e.g. Deputy Minister, Minister and MLAs).
- Experience with IM/IT related projects as a Business Owner.
- Related health care sector experience.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC – A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.