Director, Surgical Services
Management Band 3
An eligibility list may be established.
Combine your client service, stakeholder engagement and strategic planning skills in this challenging role!
The Specialized Services Division sets the foundation for the delivery of high-quality health services by establishing patient centered policy and strategy for the delivery of provincial health care services. The division designs service delivery models that meet the needs of patients and works with service delivery partners on key actions and quality improvement initiatives. The division also monitors the progress of these strategies, actions and initiatives.
The Role: The purpose of this position is to lead and direct the development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and improvement of provincial surgical policies and legislation related to surgical policy supports and specialized populations.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Sandy.Eagles@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in business/public administration, health science administration, social work, social sciences, nursing, medicine or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of recent, related experience* OR
- Diploma in business/public administration, health science administration, social work, social sciences, nursing, medicine or a related field and a minimum of 6 years of recent, related experience* OR
- No degree and a minimum of 7 years of recent, related experience*
*Recent, related experience must include:
- Leading and directing the development or management of surgical policy programs (may be preferred) or similar health care policies and issues-management with high public profiles, large budgets and divergent stakeholder issues OR
- Leading and directing program evaluation and monitoring for health care sector programs (surgical policy programs may be preferred) or social service programs
- Experience on a senior management team demonstrating collaboration and sensitivity to stakeholder perspectives
- Experience providing policy and issues management advice to senior executives and preparing briefing materials
Preference may be given to applicants with:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC – A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.