Manager, Trade Offices
Management Band 3
An eligibility list may be established.
This position is based in Vancouver but could be performed from Victoria.
Combine your client service, stakeholder engagement and strategic planning skills in this challenging role
The Manager, Trade Offices contributes to the long term international engagement approach of the province and plans and organizes the operational delivery of Ministry programs, services and initiatives in one or more of BC’s priority markets for trade and investment. The Manager provides guidance and oversight of one or more of BC’s Trade and Investment Representative Offices.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact William.Hoyle@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- A degree or higher in Commerce, Business Administration, International Relations, Economics, Political Science, Public Administration or a related field. An equivalent combination of education/training and experience may be considered.
- A minimum 3 years experience in all of the following, a preference may be given to applicants with more than 3 years experience.
- Experience in business development and/or client management in an international context.
- Experience providing written advice (briefing notes, memos, reports, presentations) to executive level leaders in the private or public sector.
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with senior leaders.
- Experience in contract management, financial management, and leading multi-party negotiations.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES– A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements