Management Band 3
This position is currently under review for exclusion.
An eligibility list may be established.
There are currently 3 available positions.
Combine your project management, stakeholder engagement and strategic planning skills in this exciting opportunity.
The Transformation Project Office leads all project management, coordination and progress reporting on the Health Sector’s transformational priorities:
- Improving access to Provincial Wait Times for Surgical Services, Colonoscopy Services and Medical Imaging
- Integrated Primary and Community Care which includes Primary Care, Seniors and Mental Health and Substance Use
This office is also accountable in providing strategic coordination services to the Deputy Minister and Senior Executive Team.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Project Director leads a team of project managers and staff to ensure long-term transformational priority projects are successfully planned, monitors implementation for time, quality and budget allocated.
If you thrive in an environment dedicated to cooperation and teamwork, are an excellent multi-tasker, adaptable to change and enjoy working towards group and organizational goals, we look forward to your application.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Erica.Meldrum@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in business administration, public administration, related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory/management position
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading multiple projects or leading a component of a major project that has multiple project delivery components.
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with senior level stakeholders
- Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Experience briefing and providing project updates to Senior Executive including Assistant Deputy Ministers.
- Experience at a senior level leading major projects of large scale and complexity that have multiple project delivery components.
- Experience leading and coaching multi-disciplinary senior level professionals and/or managers in the development and implementation of complex projects.
- Applicants who have a Project Management Professional (PMP) designation.
- Applicants qualified to write the Project Management Professional exam within 6 month of commencement.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.