Management Band 3
Multiple positions available.
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established.
Please note there is also a similar positing for a Senior IT Auditor in REQ Number 58752.
Over time through performance based in-range movement employees will have the opportunity to reach the maximum of their position’s salary band. The starting salary for this position is expected to be $78,000 per annum.
Relocation Assistance of up to $5,000 may be provided.
Bring your critical thinking skills to this important leadership role
The Ministry of Finance’s Internal Audit and Advisory Services (IAAS) supports Treasury Board by providing independent and objective assurance and advice to support governance, accountability, performance management practices and effective financial management.
IAAS covers a wide range of internal audit and consulting services for ministries, agencies and Crown corporations, including:
- Advisory services to assist change by participating in initiatives and priorities, helping develop new programs and providing solutions to financial and business issues.
- Audits/reviews of programs and functions to help improve efficiency and ensure governance, management and control systems are operating effectively.
- Information technology reviews to address business, privacy and security risks and strengthen the government’s overall information management process.
Senior Auditors are responsible for conducting performance audits and providing advisory services, including assessing major business processes, third party arrangements, governance areas and corporate risks across the BC public sector.
As a Senior Auditor within IAAS you will be conducting and leading assignments and managing sensitive situations in an objective, professional and proficient manner. When required, you will be directing or leading staff in a manner which ensures the project is successful, professional standards are met, and that staff involved receive assessments and feedback for appropriate professional development.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from. This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The BC Public Service is an inclusive and accessible employer. Please advise the hiring manager if any accommodations are required to assist you to ensure equitable participation.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Joshua.Wolfond@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Completion of a recognized accounting designation CPA (formerly CA, CGA, CMA); and/or
- Other relevant education, including MPA, MBA, CIA, CISA
- Minimum of 3 years of current or recent audit and/or advisory experience (with preference given to internal or performance audit experience).
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered, including experience in relevant consulting and/or programs such as verification and program evaluation.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license. A valid Class 7 may be considered.
- Occasional travel outside the Victoria area is a requirement of this position.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.