***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the following directions below.***
Assistant Director, Solution Engineering
|Branch: Information Technology Services
||Job Type: Regular/Full Time
|Classification: Band 4
|Salary Range: $90,900.08 – $118,400.03 annually
||Security Clearance: Required
|Closing Date: July 19, 2019
|Geographically Restricted: No
Why work with us?
At BC Pension Corporation, we are committed to our people. We are an organization with wellbeing at its core; offering an outstanding workplace experience where all employees can achieve their full potential. Some highlights of what we offer include:
- Flexible work schedules (mobility work, modified work weeks, job sharing, etc.)
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family, including 100% employer paid MSP premium coverage
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community health activities (yoga, kayaking, etc.) and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
One in nine BC citizens is a member of one of the five pension plans we serve
|To learn more about us and how you can be a part of a culture that encourages innovation, continuous improvement and a passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What is the opportunity?
The Assistant Director (AD), Solution Engineering manages and leads a team of technical experts that are responsible for the practical application of the BC Pension Corporation enterprise architecture in support of operations and BC Pension Corporation’s 12|21 strategy.
The Solution Engineering team is responsible for the technical system integration within and across systems in the corporate product portfolio, ensuring the appropriate technical solutions are being delivered, appropriate governance is applied, risks and technical deficits are mitigated, issues are resolved and sound sustainable technical solutions are successfully implemented. The team ensures that the solutions implemented are as intended and that technical debt is both managed and maintainable.
The Solution Engineering team consists of Technical Integration Managers, Solution Engineers and Architects (application, data and technical). The team supports operations, product teams, projects, managed service partners, SAAS providers and Cloud providers in the delivery, implementation and improvement to technical solutions used by the corporation.
This position will be a significant contributor to the Technical Risk Governance Committee (TRGC). The TRGC oversees the Corporation’s technology strategy, architecture, services, solutions and products balancing total cost of ownership with operational commitments and strategic direction. The TRGC mandate is to assess risk through a balance of technical and cost assessments with the goal of managing and reducing technical debt over time.
If you are an innovative people leader who consistently strives to find refined solutions to complex technical challenges, we invite you to apply.
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree or diploma in Computer science, Engineering, or a related field and a minimum of eight years of progressive experience with information technology.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Four years of recent experience leading and supervising a team of technical staff.
- Recent experience with applications (COTS & custom), integration and solution design.
- Experience in the following methodologies: Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), Event Driven Architecture (EDA), and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Experience with integration of the following technologies: Oracle, Java, TIBCO, Web Services, Cloud, MSO365.
- Experience with architecture frameworks, standards, and guidelines (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman Framework or other industry frameworks), including business / information / application / technology / security architectures.
- Experience in DevOps Processes, including Scrum, ITIL processes and best practices, pension industry and pension plans
- Recent experience with infrastructure integration and solution design.
Interested in applying?
To learn more about the Assistant Director, Solution Engineering position, please review the job description at the bottom of this page.
Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and employment history in order to clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements as listed above. Please ensure your resume includes the month and year(s) for each job in your employment history as well as the job related responsibilities.
Please apply through our career website: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/
Contact: Human Resources
If you are unable to access the links, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lesser qualified applicants may be appointed at a lower level. An eligibility list may be established. Testing may be required.
We thank you for your interest in working with us. You will be informed of your status in this competition as soon as possible.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com.
DO NOT submit your application for this position through the BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications submitted through the BC Government Hiring Centre will not be considered.