Director, Contract Management
Management Band 4
This is a temporary opportunity until March 15, 2019. Relocation expenses do not apply.
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established.
Bring your contract management and project management skills to this important role!
The Administrator’s Office is responsible for the management and optimization of a set of telecommunications related contracts with TELUS. Under the terms of the contracts, TELUS will provide telecommunication services to government and its public sector partners, expand high-speed Internet in rural and remote communities, extend wireless coverage to 1,700 kilometres of highway, and connect 450 B.C. schools directly to high-capacity fibre optic cable. The term of the contracts will be for 10 years. In-scope services include long distance, conferencing, data network, voice network and cellular voice and data services. The value of the services is estimated to be $1B over the initial term of the agreements as such amount may vary depending upon the requirements of the GPS Entities.
The Director Contract Management is responsible for two main functional areas, contract management and project management. In the contract management functional area, this position monitors vendor performance of contract terms and conditions to minimize the risk of loss and liability, ensure compliance with contract, and maximizing benefits. In addition, the Director Contract Management provides a project management function to the Administrator’s Office as a whole. This includes to planning and executing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget; and acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Kimberly.Rosche@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Contract Management Functions:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business administration, public administration, procurement/contract management or financial management or other related field.
- 5 years’ experience managing contracts and analyzing complex issues, evaluating options and recommending solutions.
- 5 years of contract management experience.
- Experience with the telecommunications industry in Canada preferred.
- Experience advising a diverse group of stakeholders on contract management and procurement in a risk based environment.
- Experience negotiating/mediating solutions in a public sector environment preferred.
Project Management Functions:
- At least 3 years’ experience managing projects or leading a component (e.g., sub-project) of a major project. Preference may be given to applicants with at least 5 years’ experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders and leading consultation sessions. Preference may be given to applicants with at least 5 years’ experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in directing the work for other project managers, professional employees, and/or consultants. Preference may be given to applicants with at least 5 years’ experience.
- Experience in budget management and conflict resolution. Preference may be given to applicants with at least 2 years’ experience.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the education and experience stated above for this job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: You will be required to answer a brief standard questionnaire.