Director, Information Security and Compliance
Management Band 4
An eligibility list may be established.
Bring your strong leadership skills to this dynamic team environment
This position reports to the Ministry Chief Technology Officer (CTO) within the Information Systems Branch (ISB) of Attorney General. The ISBs mandate is to provide IM/IT services to the Justice Sector which includes Attorney General and Public Safety and Solicitor General. The Information Systems Branch (ISB) provides IM/IT planning, architecture, project support, application development, information security, technology and information support services to the sector.
The Director plays a critical leadership role in overseeing the Ministry’s Information Security Program and is responsible for monitoring the Ministry’s compliance with government policies and standards requirements for information security and data protection. In addition, the Director is responsible for program staff, research and analysis and strategic actions to support the CTO and MCIO.
The Director is responsible for leading and managing the design and development, and for overseeing the implementation and delivery, of the ministry-wide information security framework and program, as well as for ensuring the Ministry’s compliance with applicable government policies and standards related to information management and information technology (IM/IT). This role provides information security advice on complex, cross-government and multi-stakeholder initiatives, and holds the accountabilities of the Ministry’s Information Security Officer. The Director provides a single point of contact for ministry security issues and related concerns.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Craig.Randle@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- University degree and 3 years progressive experience or an equivalent combination of education, training (Certified Information Security Manager in good standing) and minimum 5 years of progressive experience.
Progressive experience includes:
- Experience working with senior government officials, senior level professionals and a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience preparing strategies, action plans and special projects related to sensitive and diverse issues.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role and leading professional staff and project teams.
- Experience developing and implementing IM/IT policy and standards, programs and projects related to security for a large, bureaucratic, and/or decentralized organization. This could include public sector entities, multi-provincial or multi-national corporations, etc.
- Experience conducting security audits, investigations, and/or other risk management assessments as they relate to software applications and the protection of information systems and data.
- Experience managing confidential issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience negotiating and managing information technology contracts.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.