Director, Security and Privacy
Management Band 4
This position is located in Victoria, B.C.
An eligibility list may be established for future similar permanent and/or temporary vacancies in Victoria.
This position is excluded from union membership.
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure plans transportation networks, provides transportation services and infrastructure, develops and implements transportation policies, and administers many related acts and regulations as well as federal-provincial funding programs, including the Building Canada Fund. The Ministry opens up B.C. through innovative, forward-thinking transportation strategies that move people and goods safely, and fuel our provincial economy. Improvement of vital infrastructure is a key goal, along with enhancing the competitiveness of B.C.’s transportation industries, reducing transportation-related greenhouse gas emissions and providing B.C. with a safe and reliable highway system.
To deliver on the Ministry’s mandate, the Information Management Branch supports the Ministry’s IM/IT requirements with innovative and responsive services. The Branch partners with central agencies and service providers in the provision of timely, cost effective solutions.
As the Director, Security and Privacy, you will manage the design, development and implementation of a ministry-wide information security & privacy framework. For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Debbie.Fritz@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
In addition to this exciting opportunity in BC’s capital city, the BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please visit What the BC Public Service offers You.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or a related discipline and minimum 4 years of experience at a senior level in IM/IT security; OR,
- Post-secondary diploma in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or a related discipline and a minimum of 6 years of experience at a senior level in IM/IT security; OR,
- Post-secondary certificate in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or a related discipline or secondary school graduation and a minimum of 8 years of experience at a senior level in IM/IT security.
- 3 years’ experience managing staff.
- 3 years’ experience in managing risk from a business and technological standpoint.
- 3 years’ experience conducting security & privacy audits, or investigations.
- 3 years’ experience in security and threat risk assessments (STRA) and privacy impact assessments (PIA).
- 2 years’ experience developing and implementing IM/IT policies, standards, programs or projects related to security and privacy.
- Experience managing confidential issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Experience negotiating and managing information technology contracts.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or proven training towards obtaining a security certification.
- Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Experience developing and managing strategic and operational plans
- Experience managing contractors or project teams.
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) training or certification or similar certification.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and experience including the job related responsibilities and the month(s) and year(s) for your education and for each job in your employment history.
Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.