Director, Strategic Initiatives
Management Band 4
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established.
Bring your vision, leadership and strategic planning skills to this important role
The Corporate Information Records Management Office (CIRMO) is responsible for ensuring effective management of government’s information. It provides centralized services for responding to Freedom of Information (FOI) requests and ensuring compliance with Privacy and Records Management legislation, policies and standards.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director, Strategic Initiatives is critical to the success of the division and its mandate to transform how government information is managed. This position is responsible for the implementation and evaluation of key initiatives focused on the transformation of information and records management practices across government through changes in policy, practice and the effective use of technology. They oversee a diverse portfolio of divisional projects from concept to completion.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Jackie.Biggs@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A minimum 3 years demonstrated experience in each of the following experience statements:
- leading enterprise business processes in identifying, developing and building business process improvement strategies and assessing organizational performance;
- in a senior management capacity dealing with politically sensitive and provincially significant issues related to the development of policy, procedures and/or corporate practices;
- at a senior level leading projects and initiatives of a large scale and complexity with multiple delivery components; and
- directly leading and coaching diverse teams in a senior management capacity.
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with executives and leading organizational change associated with strategy implementation.
- Experience representing your organization at high profile public events such as conferences and community engagement events.
- Preference may be given to applicants with a Project Management Professional designation.
- Preference may be given to applicants that have experience in the field of Information Governance.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO
Resume: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.