Director, Strategy & Business Intelligence
Management Band 4
This position is excluded from the union membership.
An eligibility list may be established.
We are recruiting for one position, based in either Vancouver or Victoria.
Apply your sound judgement, decision-making and analytical skills in a key leadership role
Working in partnership with many stakeholders, industry and all levels of government, the Ministry’s International Trade Division contributes to building a strong economy that works for everyone by providing integrated trade and investment programs to help BC increase exports, develop international partnerships, attract investment and eliminate protectionist measures.
ITD Mission: To open and expand markets for BC goods and services and attract investment to support economic growth in BC. ITD is focused on delivering diversified trade and investment opportunities in a way that benefits all British Columbians.
This role will lead and direct the strategy development and research analysis and expertise to support trade, investment and market development and expansion initiatives across the Division.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Gloria.Yang-Mason@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in business administration, public administration, economics, political science or related field OR a combination of education and experience may be considered. A Masters Degree is preferred.
A MINIMUM OF FIVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience in a senior management role leading new business development projects and/or business transformation projects involving a diverse range of project portfolios.
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with senior leaders across government and leading organizational change associated with implementation.
- Extensive project management experience.
- **AMENDED** One year experience in developing cabinet and treasury board submissions, incorporating broad-based input, and ensuring clear linkages to the business case/financials.
- Experience leading and coaching multi-disciplinary senior management teams in the development and implementation of a diverse range of projects.
- Experience in strategic business planning; contract management; financial management; and leading multi-party negotiations.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.