Management Band 4
An eligibility list may be established.
This position is excluded from union membership.
Bring your vision, leadership and strategic planning skills to this important role
Facilities Contract Management Branch (FCM) manages key facilities Alternative Service Delivery (ASD) contracts for the Province of British Columbia and facilitates interactions between Service Providers, the clients (other Ministries and broader public sector), and RPD. FCM provides corporate leadership and expert knowledge on contract negotiations and management; develops the division’s knowledge base for contract management and audit performance.
This position provides an opportunity for an individual with exceptional project management skills to manage a major strategic transformational project impacting clients across the province. As a critical member of the FCM team, the Project Director will lead and support project management aspects of the ongoing transition to a new MSA. The Project Director will work closely with all lines of business in RPD, the Strategic Partnerships Office, Service Providers, and internal and external stakeholder groups to optimize contract value.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The BC Public Service is an inclusive and accessible employer. Please advise the hiring manager if any accommodations are required to assist you to ensure equitable participation.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Caylla Harvey – Caylla.Harvey@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in business administration, public administration, or closely related field; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have completed the Project Management Professional Designation or who are qualified to complete Project Management Professional Designation within 6 months of commencement in position.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a senior management role leading new business development projects and/or business transformation projects involving a diverse range of project portfolios.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience establishing collaborative relationships with senior leaders across government or an organization, and leading organizational change associated with implementation.
- Experience leading and coaching multi-disciplinary senior management teams in the development and implementation of a diverse range of projects.
- Experience in strategic business planning; contract management; financial management; and leading multi-party negotiations.
- Experience managing change associated with major business transformation and process improvement initiatives.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.