Executive Director and Chief Information Officer
Management Band 5
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established.
An excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professional
Corporate Services Division provides a suite of strategic business and support services to the Ministry of Finance, as well as to the Office of the Premier, Minister’s Offices, Government House, the Office of the Superintendent of Real Estate and the Financial Institutions Commission, enabling them to achieve their objectives and comply with corporate policy and legislation.
The Information Management Branch delivers technology enabled business transformation; designs, builds and maintains business applications, operates the ministry’s service desk, and provides infrastructure planning, business process mapping, change management support, project management and investment planning as well as information technology security and privacy.
The Executive Director and Chief Information Officer will provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology and information management (IM/IT) solutions, business strategies and initiatives that improve service quality, access to services, and cost effectiveness. This position assumes a leadership role in developing and maintaining key relations within the BC government, federal and provincial government officials and external agencies. If you have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills and are an effective communicator with analytical and problem solving skills, we encourage you to apply to this challenging and rewarding opportunity.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from. This is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful regions in British Columbia and work for the BC Public Service. We offer a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits and much more.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Teri.Spaven@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Business Administration plus significant (5 years) related, recent and progressive experience. Preference may be given to post-graduate education and more related experience.
- An equivalent combination of formal education and directly related experience may be considered.
- Experience incorporating business priorities, strategies, goals, emerging technologies, industry trends, and evaluating economic viability in a fast-paced technology-dependent business area or information systems branch.
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with senior leaders and leading organizational change associated with the implementation of technology.
- Experience leading, developing and implementing IM/IT policies, programs and projects in a complex systems environment including data security, privacy, and management.
- Experience managing professional staff, project teams and budgets.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: No
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.