Bilingual Assistant Manager GTRF Client Service : 00008S84
Employment Type: Regular
To achieve the goal of high quality customer service delivery through optimum efficiency in handling trade enquiries. To coordinate and manage cross-selling activities to maximize revenue.
Impact on the Business
- Ensure effectiveness of call agent performance in terms of quality and productivity.
- Improve professionalism of call agents’ sales and service handling techniques to attain targets.
- Enhance revenue by motivating and maintaining cross-selling momentum
- Monitor call agent performance through MI reports, daily observations, call monitoring, customer feedback and input from coaches.
- Monitor service standards and GoS against performance objectives, taking preventative and corrective action as appropriate.
- Develop cross-selling training, coaching and incentives to gear up productivity.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Provide real-time support to team and manage efficient delivery of services.
- Act as an escalation point to handle disputes & customer complaints.
- Solve suspected fraud cases.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Contribute to effective development and performance of the department.
- Encourage continuous learning and growth and establish Career Development.
- Motivate and inspire the team to achieve the Group strategy and business objectives
- Share knowledge, experience and best practices with junior employees within and outside of immediate team and promote a collective culture to spread experience & best practice
- Live the Group Values
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Contribute towards day-to-day operations effectiveness and service efficiency for the team.
- Ensure optimal level of cross-utilization of resources.
- Monitor productivity and share best practice with call agent for improvement
- Increase efficiency by encouraging team to recommend the use of e-channels to clients.
- Effectively maintain administrative procedures/controls.
- Closely monitor effectiveness of shift roster and staff planning.
- Encourage call agents to give feedback and suggestions to streamline operations and improve efficiency.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- The first major challenge of the job holder is the management and co-ordination of resources in inbound/outbound to meet the highly fluctuating inbound and time-critical outbound calls so as to maintain quality service and at the same time grasp the opportunities to capture cross-selling activities which generate business profitability. The second major challenge is to quickly and effectively acquire the necessary skills to deliver excellent customer service.
- Other challenges include maintaining good morale, being sensitive to team response, reacting positively to changes as well as providing an open communication atmosphere. Additionally, the position must be able to respond promptly to a diversified range of service and process issues, customer disputes, system hiccups and risk handling etc.
HSBC Trade Services is one of the core businesses of the HSBC Group, falling under Global Transaction Banking. GTB’s 5-year strategy sets out a clear vision, a mission and a financial goal:
- To become the undisputed leader in transaction banking.
- To strengthen and grow HSBC’s market position and become the most profitable bank in the transaction banking industry.
- To achieve revenue of US$16 billion by 2013.
GTRF Canada is undergoing re-organization and re-engineering in order to gain efficiency, reduce transaction costs, improve service quality and in turn increase market share. This transformation involves the setting up of the Client Service function; a new, specialized team of dedicated service staff. By providing excellent customer service, the Client Service team will improve response times, enhance the customer experience and ensure that GTRF Canada meets its clients’ needs in the most efficient, professional and high-quality manner.
Within this new Client Service function, the Standard Inbound/Outbound team will be responsible for offering first-rate service to GTRF’s high-value customers.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in trade and customer service
- Fluently speak French
- High commitment to customer service and cross-selling excellence
- At least 2-5 years of experience with Group and HSBC Canada GTRF/CMB products and services
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills. Passion to share knowledge/experience with others.
- Proven success and achievement in the past working experience where one has to handle multiple tasks independently.
- University Degree/College Diploma in business/finance preferred
Job Field : Trade Services/Trade Financing
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 17-Feb-2017, 18:12:15 Unposting Date : 02-Mar-2017, 02:59:00