Building Maintenance Worker
Building Maintenance Worker R9
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch is one of Canada’s largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol. At the Liquor Distribution Branch we are driven by innovation and have a passion for the future and are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team.
This role is to follow all LDB policies and practices affecting the ongoing maintenance of the organization’s Kamloops Distribution Centre (KDC). As such, this position is concerned with the cost effective maintenance of internal portions of the KDC building and equipment (e.g. material handling equipment, warehouse racking, etc) such as will satisfy all applicable Government Regulations (both provincial and local) and ensure that organizational objectives are sustained as they affect the safety, comfort and convenience of both staff and LDB customers.
Under the direct supervision of the Operational Supervisor / Building Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Worker performs general maintenance duties of the Kamloops Distribution Centre. This includes general housekeeping of all warehouse areas, maintaining material handling equipment(such as Mobile equipment, pallet dispensers, stretch wrapper, box sealers, conveying systems and other equipment in the distribution centre, and following preventative maintenance procedures
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
If this is your first time applying to the BC Public Service, visit Our Hiring Process page and click on the Frequently Asked Questions page link for tips on creating a profile, searching for job opportunities and applying to postings.
If you experience technical difficulties submitting your application, please email BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca for assistance.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Renate Coyle, HR Advisor, Talent & Compensation by phone at 604-252-8509. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
Visit Careers at: www.bcliquorstores.com
Education, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of one year experience in servicing mobile equipment such as forklifts, pallet movers etc. and performing repairs and maintenance of a large building and its surrounding area
- Forklift Operation Certification, preferred, or, ability to be certified within 30 days of hire.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures pertaining to facilities management.
- Working knowledge of the mechanical operations of the various vehicle and equipment types used in the Kamloops Distribution Centre (KDC), preferred.
- Good working knowledge of such trades as mechanical and carpentry.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability demonstrating good judgment and organizational skills and possess effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to apply multiple skills around mechanical equipment; competence and good hand eye coordination in the use of tools, materials and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problem situations and determine an appropriate resolution in minimum amount of time.