Able & Remarkable Mortgages Inc.
Unit 201 14360 64 Avenue Surrey, British Columbia V3W 1Z1
Salary: $24.00/hour for 35 hours/week
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Bookkeepers (1231)
NOC Job Title: Bookkeeper
Job Location(s) Unit 201 14360 64 Avenue Surrey, British Columbia V3W 1Z1
With many years working within the financial industry our specialists have the expertise to work with you to find the best rates and terms for you. Our brokers have been acknowledged for providing outstanding customer service & exceptional financial advice throughout their careers.
Currently, we are looking for a permanent and full-time Bookkeeper to offer a rewarding career.
• Maintain client records by preparing excel spreadsheets and using computerized bookkeeping systems
• Record, monitor day to day financial transactions while ensuring legal requirements compliance
• Reconcile bank and credit card accounts, adjust journal entries to prepare trial balance, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements
• Prepare and submit payroll and payroll remittance cheques on behalf of the company in a timely manner
• Prepare GST remittance forms and workers’ compensation forms for the company
• Prepare personal and corporate tax returns and perform other bookkeeping services
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions
• Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
• Maintain financial records for the clients
• Respond to inquiries and requests regarding payroll, benefits and other bookkeeping duties
• Follow up to resolve errors and discrepancies in accordance with established procedures
• Manage payments and receivables from other companies/clients
• Prepare deposit slips after reconciling cash and credit card payment received
• Maintaining the trial balances, profit and loss statements and balance sheet
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality etc.
• Completion of secondary school is mandatory.
• 2-3 years of related experience such as bookkeeper, accounting technician or finance officer is required. Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field OR Completion of university degree in commerce or finance may lower the requirement of experience to 1-2 years.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• Other qualifications: Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision, High energy and strong work ethics to meet deadlines.
• Good information technology skills
Permanent, full-time job with benefits as per BC Employment standards act
Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents from all over Canada are Welcomed to apply. We may conduct video conference interview. We also welcome underrepresented groups (Aboriginal, youth and newcomers etc.) and part-timers (students, youth)
How to apply
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org or post your resume to Unit 201 14360 64 Avenue Surrey, British Columbia V3W 1Z1. Only Shortlisted candidates will be called in for an interview.