Gary Johal Holding Inc. dba Petro Canada
Salary: $23.00/Hour for 35 hours/week
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Language: English Start
Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Bookkeepers (1231)
NOC Job Title: Bookkeeper
Job Location 1090 Westminster Avenue Penticton British Columbia V2A 1L5
Petro Canada located at 1090 Westminster Avenue Penticton British Columbia V2A 1L5 is independently owned and operated one stop shop for gas and other convenient store items. Currently we have employment opportunity for a Bookkeeper.
As a Bookkeeper, you will be responsible to:
– Perform full-cycle bookkeeping tasks such as preparing invoices, A/R, A/P, payroll and bank deposits
– Calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls using relevant software, supplier invoices, government remittances as well as other expenditures
– Maintain company’s financial records.
– Reconcile receipts and manage budgets, payroll and deposits.
– Reconcile orders taken with the receipts.
– Tally receipts with the inventory and adjust the budget accordingly.
– Manage payments and receivables from other companies.
– Prepare deposit slips after reconciling payment received.
– Maintaining the trial balances, profit and loss statements and balance sheet.
– Managing accounts payable and receivables, reconciling bank statements.
– Maintain general ledgers and financial statements.
– Provide clerical and administrative support to management if required.
– Prepare tax returns and perform other personal bookkeeping services.
Benefits Position is entitled to benefits as per BC Employment standards act. As per collective agreement, 4% Vacation pay of gross salary will be paid each pay period with 10 days of unpaid vacation annual, or the option to choose 10 days of paid vacation annually with no vacation pay on each pay period.
• Education: Completion of secondary school is mandatory.
• Experience: 2-3 years of full-time experience as bookkeeper or accounting clerk. A university degree or college diploma in related field may decrease the experience requirement to 1-2 years.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• Proficiency in MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel
Candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Youth, Visible Minorities, Indigenous people, Person with disabilities, Veterans of Canadian Armed force, First Nation, Aboriginals, Seniors and newcomers to Canada with the above listed skills are welcome to apply.
How to apply Interested candidates can apply, only selected will be contacted.
Mail: 1090 Westminster Avenue Penticton British Columbia V2A 1L5