Read’s Heating has become a leader in the home and commercial comfort industry. They started in Edson with a successful business model, geared toward great value and customer satisfaction that has spread their demand to the local Edmonton area. Together with over 40 professional team members, serve over 500 homes per year and several local commercial businesses. They are the solution for heating and air conditioning solutions for residential and commercial properties.
Read’s Heating is currently looking for a Bookkeeper (1 vacancy) to join their team.
• $50,000 per year package
• 32 hours/week schedule
- Prepare chart of account to perform full cycle bookkeeping for multiple companies using Sage 50 (Simply accounting)
- Prepare, and review financial statements; collect, analyze, balance, maintain and investigate account information to help maximize the accuracy of the reported numbers
- Maintain the general ledger and prepare account reconciliations
- Post journal entries to record financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Organize all journal entries, perform analysis on account records and conciliate all statements for month ending
- Prepare a trial balance; identify any errors and post adjusting entries
- Calculate, and record GST payable and prepare GST return
- Prepare GST and payroll deduction cheques, and send them to Receiver General before due date
- Maintain historical financial record by filling and organizing documents
- Other related duties with the scope and responsibilities of the job, as requested by management
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to speak English
- A university degree or a college diploma
- 1 year to less than 2 years
- Knowledge of MS Excel; MS Windows; MS Word; Electronic scheduler; Database software; Quick Books; MS Outlook
Successful candidate must possess effective interpersonal skills, excellent oral communication skills, be initiative, organized, client focus, flexible, team player, attentive to detail and be able tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, then send your resume and a cover letter by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (please write position title in the email subject) or by mail at 8744 – 50 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB, T6E 5K8