Branch Manager 1 : 00008UHX
Employment Type: Regular
Global Vision. Local Focus.
Things really are different here. A career with HSBC in Canada is truly an experience that few financial service organisations can match. Here you will find yourself inspired and supported by colleagues whose daily responsibilities cross time zones, continents and cultures. You will be motivated to aim for your highest aspirations by taking on as much as you can handle, quickly. And you’ll enjoy the rewards of belonging to a diverse and growth- driven culture.
Canada is a priority market for HSBC. We remain focussed on growing customers locally with our unique products, we offer a full suite of solutions developed from our global connectivity and network. HSBC has the institutional strength, capacity and commitment to support our Canadian client’s requirements here and around the world.
Our success is built on trust and dependability – qualities that define our behaviour and shape our character. The employees who thrive at HSBC are service focussed, entrepreneurial and driven. They show collaborative spirit and a quest for continuous improvement.
A Day in the Life of a Branch Manager
- Motivate, coach and provide guidance to team members through regular and meaningful performance development.
- Creates and implements a departmental plan that supports the Retail Banking Wealth Management strategy; monitors and reports on achievement of targets and revises strategies as needed; takes responsibility for the attainment of desired KPI results, and implements improvements based on feedback.
- Anticipate and identify organizational change initiatives required to support the business strategy.
- Uses business and industry acumen to forecast and address future needs and challenges; develops and aligns business strategies to address these needs and challenges.
- Ensures compliance, operational and system controls in accordance with HSBC regulatory standards and government regulations.
- Leads a customer centric culture that aligns with corporate strategy.
- Uses customer insight to continuously enhance customer experience, increasing loyalty, advocacy and retention.
- Develops and maintains and active community profile.
- Ensure branch or work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Fosters a culture of compliance and optimizing relations with regulators. Ensure all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions and reputational risks.
- Actively involved in the recruitment and development of team.
Learn more about HSBC
Our size and global reach means we offer many ways to develop your career at HSBC, locally and internationally.
HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the leading international bank in the country. We help companies and individuals across Canada to do business and manage their finances internationally through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management. Canada is a priority market for the HSBC Group – one of the world’s largest banking and financial services groups with assets of US$2,557bn at 30 September 2016. Linked by advanced technology, HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 4,400 offices in 71 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
We continue to make significant investments across all our business lines to grow our business in Canada providing the tools our customers need to do business internationally, and helping internationally-minded individuals manage their finances.
Be a part of the Team
At HSBC, how we do business is as important as what we do. For us, sustainability means building our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make. Our approach to sustainability focuses on three areas: sustainable finance, sustainable operations and sustainable communities. In 2016, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the “Best 50 Corporate Citizens” in Canada by Corporate Knights magazine for the fifth consecutive year.
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Key to success in this role
The key success to this role is someone who thrives working in highly complex environment and has the industry expertise, business acumen, and strong people leadership experience to deliver.
The minimum requirements for this role is as follows:
- University / College degree or combination of equivalent education and experience in banking or related industry.
- 10 – 12 years of related and / or cross functional experience in industry with a minimum of 6 years of experience leading and managing others.
- Mutual Fund Registration. Requires completion of: Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; and / or Canadian Securities Course.
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for financial results for a relatively complex functional area.
- Proven ability to build and manage a team of high performing professionals.
- Experience executing the growth strategy of a functional area or branch.
- Diplomatic problem solving skills to resolve issues within a functional area, and / or across functional areas.
- In-depth knowledge of regulations impacting personal financial services activities.
- Experience managing the performance of direct reports through a performance management process as well as experience in having performance discussions and / or coaching.
- Experience managing business process (es) within a functional area or branch.
- Experience executing a change process, new systems and expansion. Demonstrated experience communicating the vision for a functional area or small branch that inspires and aligns team.
- Sound knowledge of digital / online banking and sponsoring digital engagement for customers.
Job Field : Retail / Branch Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 21-Feb-2017, 21:44:20 Unposting Date : Ongoing