BRCM Analyst : 00008RFN
Employment Type: Regular
Support the RBWM BRCM and BIC teams, providing administrative tasks, varied in nature and level of complexity.
Provide administrative support to the Branch Internal Control Team (BIC) throughout the branch review cycle from planning, audit report issuance, entering audit recommendations as well as management action plans/progress/closure into database.
Support preparation of presentation materials, i.e. PowerPoint decks.
Coordinate mandatory training (and escalate non-completion to Senior Managers) and certifications (e.g. track responses and follow up with the business where they are incomplete).
Support generic email box maintenance.
Update materials on BRCM SharePoint sites.
Pull data queries, and extract and format reports from various sources onto Excel.
Take and distribute meeting minutes.
Provide ad-hoc project support to BRCM team members as required.
Provide data entry support re ORION database.
Provide HR administrative support.
Maintain BRCM team calendar up-to-date.
Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
- Provide administrative support to the Branch Internal Control Team (BIC) throughout the branch review cycle from planning, audit report issuance, entering audit recommendations as well as management action plans/progress/closure into database.
- Support preparation of presentation materials, i.e. PowerPoint decks.
- Coordinate mandatory training (and escalate non-completion to Senior Managers) and certifications (e.g. track responses and follow up with the business where they are incomplete).
- Pull data queries, and extract and format reports from various sources onto Excel.
- Take and distribute meeting minutes.
- Provide data entry support re ORION database and HR administrative support
- Maintains positive relationships with business, in order to properly provide support in the mitigation and control of risk.
- Escalates issues or concerns to Head of BRCM and Senior Managers.
- Provides support to the reporting monitoring system to demonstrate RBWM’s state of compliance, satisfy Corporate governance and external testing requirements.
- Supports the BRCM and BIC teams in the creation and maintenance of risk management documentation and procedures ensuring high quality, accessible information for staff, managers and executives.
- Supports in the production and distribution of timely key risk reporting to a variety of stakeholders.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Customers / Stakeholders include RBWM BRCM and BIC teams, RBWM Business units / Distribution Channels, Compliance, Risk Management and Audit.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Works well with others, and is able to easily grasp new concepts.
- Comfortable asking questions and raising concerns to line manager and or to members of the BRCM team.
- Able to manage multiple priorities effectively to ensure team goals and objectives are met.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Supports the preparation of monthly and ad hoc Risk reports for monitoring and control of business risks.
- Supports the creation of appropriate reporting for senior management, Risk Management Committee, internal and external auditors and regulators as needed.
- Assists with the application of compliance, and internal and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies.
- Assists with the implementation of Group compliance policy locally by supporting the BRCM team.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- In today’s global marketplace, banking organizations have greatly expanded the scope and complexity of their activities and face an ever changing and increasingly complex regulatory environment.
- Job holder should be deadline and detail oriented as well as organized to ensure that tasks are accurately completed and in a timely manner.
- Incumbents are expected to work within overall guidelines and timeframes making deadlines set forth.
- Day-to-day internal working relationships are with:
- Business units – dealing with all levels of personnel in a courteous and efficient manner and exercise discretion on confidential matters.
- Internal risk areas – communicating with internal risk areas as required and as a representative for RBWM
- Regular office working environment – minimal travel required.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Adhere to compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to influence others in order to provide and obtain information relevant to the completion of tasks.
- Highly developed inter-personal skills for dealing with sensitive information/situations.
- Wide knowledge of HSBC policies, procedures, and risk management frameworks is an asset.
- Typically, qualifications would include post-secondary education or relevant experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills necessary.
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with the ability to multi-task a must.
- Adaptability, commitment and motivation to meet tight schedules.
- Excellent computer application skills (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, Sharepoint), comfortable learning new applications as required.
Job Field : Risk Management
Primary Location : North America-Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 10-Feb-2017, 13:10:56 Unposting Date : 21-Feb-2017, 23:59:00