The Hamilton Regional Indian Centre (HRIC) is currently accepting applications for Building Maintenance personnel. The Building Maintenance personnel will be responsible for ensuring that buildings and grounds are properly maintained.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Knowledge of general buildings and grounds maintenance functions.
• Ability to maintain buildings and grounds in a safe and timely manner.
• Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Ability to maintain good planning and organizational skills.
• Computer skills with particular experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to take and follow directions from supervisor.
• Ability to project a positive and professional image of the HRIC.
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written.
• Ability to comply with all applicable HRIC policies and procedures.
• Ability to participate in the HRIC Joint Health and Safety Committee.
• Ability to maintain good health and physical condition sufficient to permit the full performance of the duties of the position;
o Performs general maintenance, with some cleaning of HRIC facilities.
o Maintains, monitors, orders inventory for cleaning and facility supplies.
o Maintains all equipment and tools used to perform work and maintains and repairs other HRIC equipment.
o Cleans and maintains parking lots and performs general ground maintenance.
o Able to perform minor electrical and plumbing repairs.
o Assists in the maintenance of air-conditioners and heating systems in accordance with accepted practices and procedures.
o Performs light carpentry and masonry work as needed.
o Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.-AND 3 (three) years of work experience performing building maintenance work.
• Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds
• Ability to bend and kneel, crawl, reach, move from place to place
• Ability to climb and work on ladders
• Ability to work independently with minimal or general supervision
• Good communication skills i.e. ability to understand written and verbal instructions and the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
• Ability to obtain a clear police check (CPIC). New employees who do not possess a recent (6 months or less) CPIC are granted 30 days to remit.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume and 3 (three) references marked “Confidential” to:
Hamilton Regional Indian Centre
34 Ottawa Street North
Hamilton, Ontario L8H 3Y7
Phone: (905) 548-9593 Fax: (905) 545-4077
CLOSING DATE: Friday July 20, 2018 at 5:00pm. Wages: DOE (32 hrs/wk)