Business Administration Diploma Instructor
“Pending budgetary approval”
Classification: College Instructor
Full-Time Term Position: August 1, 2017 to June 29, 2018 The Pas, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and mature students.
The Position: University College of the North requires an instructor to teach courses in the Business Administration Diploma Program in The Pas, Manitoba.
- Four-year degree in Business/Commerce
- Knowledge in all aspects of Business Administration Relevant post-secondary teaching experience
- Strong organizational and self-management skills Excellent time management skills
- Effective communication skills Effective interpersonal skills
- Experience applying culturally relevant educational practices
- Demonstrated ability to understand and deal with issues specific to Aboriginal learners and mature students in northern Manitoba
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture
- Master’s degree in Business Administration
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
- Familiarity working in Northern and Aboriginal communities Possession of Certificate in Adult Education (CAE)
- Knowledge and experience with learning technologies (e.g. D2L, Adobe Connect, Video Conferencing, etc.)
- Experience in curriculum development
Conditions of Employment:
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé, references and transcripts with their application.
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-040
Closing Date: July 7, 2017
Salary Range: $31.40 to $46.64 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.