Position L4036-06 Business Analyst
The IT Business Analyst (BA) is primarily responsible for relationship management and customer data management operations and working with administrative (non-academic) units to gather business requirements, document workflows, process map and make recommendations to business processes for more efficient and streamlined services. Reporting to the CIO and in conjunction with the technical teams, the Business Analyst will promote all aspects of relationship management practices, business intelligence, ERP process mapping, workflow automation and marketing automation to meet administrative as well as recruitment and retention business needs. In cooperation with business units, the incumbent will assist and support, when needed, these units in developing plans, strategies and possibly implementing these to support initially recruitment and retention efforts. Among other strategies and in accordance with data governance and existing practices, the BA will employ skillsets in social and enterprise CRM concepts, web analytics and business analysis fields to best promote Laurentian’s vision of a “relationships first” mentality on campus. The BA makes use of his/her knowledge and experience to bridge the gap between organizational units and various core I.T service teams, namely IS (ERP), CRM (Web, Marketing Automation) and data reporting (BI via Business Objects).
- Three year diploma in business, computing, information services/technology, business analysis and development or equivalent vocation;
- One to three years of related work experience;
- Ability to work fluently, oral and written, in both official languages (French/English);
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills;
- Ability to work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and varying levels of expertise;
- Ability to influence large audiences and build consensus;
- Ability to extract information and align the responses with the strategy;
- Ability to identify user and business needs from requests and develop strategies and initiatives to respond to those needs;
- Ability to proactively recommend strategies and initiatives through thorough analysis and an in-depth understanding of business requirements that will give end-users and business owners business intelligence tools, reports, value-added outcomes and insights in to their processes and workflows;
- Ability (breadth of knowledge, not depth) to learn new technologies and concepts;
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and project-management software.
The business analyst must be able to demonstrate proficiency or working knowledge of the following skillsets:
- Data strategies & information architecture;
- Enterprise business analysis;
- ERP (Ellucian Colleague or other) business mapping to system;
- Experience with enterprise CRMs and SugarCRM / SuiteCRM an asset;
- LEAN / Process mapping;
- Sound understanding of modern web platforms for communication and collaboration;
- Social CRM concepts, lead generation and retention;
- Business intelligence and analytics (SAP Business Objects or CROA);
- Experience with email marketing;
- Emerging web technologies.