Through its services and products, CCOHS advances health and safety in Canadian workplaces, and the physical and mental well-being of Canadians.
The Finance Service Unit is responsible for the centralized financial business analysis and asset management for CCOHS and external customers. As an integral member of the Finance Team, the Business Analyst will assist with the full accounting cycle, ensuring the application of sound accounting principles/practices, preparation of monthly internal financial statements, service unit statistical analysis, and reporting and full account reconciliations.
- Providing business analysis to the Executive team and the Service Unit Managers in order to support the growth of the organization in alignment with the strategic plan. This will include in-depth analysis on the products and services that comprise CCOHS’ cost-recovery portfolio, including price sensitivity and market analysis.
- Delivering Financial and Statistical reporting to the Executive team and the Service Unit Managers to support the Operations. This reporting includes both internal and external financial reports as well as strategic Key Performance Indicators delivered to the CCOHS Council of Governors.
- Driving risk management in the various business processes of the organization, ensuring the application of risk management principles in all areas of the business and ensuring compliance with the overall ERM framework and applicable Treasury Board Policies and Directives.
- Providing General Accounting services including posting journal entries, sub ledger management, reconciliation of financial systems, review of Provincial and Federal Tax rates, and maintenance of budgets and forecasts.
- Perform financial analysis to support CCOHS’ position in audit matters as required.
- Managing changes in professional services and royalty contracts and issuing payment to vendors for these expenditures by reconciling various data to terms of the contracts. Prepares and posts monthly contract accruals and manages regular review of contracts to ensure CCOHS administrative compliance.
- Providing backup coverage to all other team members e.g. Business Analyst, Accounts Receivable and sections of Accounts Payable positions.
- Post-secondary diploma or a degree in Business with a focus on Accounting or Finance
- Completion of a Professional Accounting Designation
- Minimum 2 years of post-designation work experience in a similar role
- Experience in full-cycle accounting
- Strong ERP experience is preferred
- Significant experience in creating business intelligence and reporting. Inclusive of use of Business Intelligence software, such as BI360 is an asset
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and strong database skills
- Ability to train and educate others
- Strong financial acumen and analytical agility
- Strong Canadian GAAP knowledge and financial statement disclosure
- Federal government experience is an asset
- Experience preparing financial statements, audit working papers and account reconciliations
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, results driven, prefers to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proven prioritization, time management and project management skills
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build lasting relationships
- Ability to work in both official languages is an asset
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please apply by Friday, July 20, 2018.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time