Butcher/Meat Cutter (Retail or Wholesale)
Guelph, ON N1L 1P4
Cargill is building a new vision; to support the vision, we are looking for talented, reliable, and hard-working individuals – people who want to make Cargill their career choice – to join our Production team at our Guelph-Dunlop- Beef Processing facility.
To know more about our company please visit
Come and be a part of our dynamic team! We currently have openings for Permanent FulltimeMeat Cutters/Butchers to join our Fabrication area. On-site Cargill specific knife skill and butchery training will be provided for selected candidates. There are 70 vacancies and the start date would be as soon as possible.
Guelph, Dunlop Facility
165 Dunlop Dr. ON N1L 1P4
Job start date
As soon as possible
$14.60 to $22.65 /hour – depending on experience
As per the collective agreement, Disability benefits, Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Vision, Pension plan benefits.
40.00 Hours / Week
The work shift is 6:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Monday through Friday, with over-time as needed to fulfill production demands.
Over-time is at time and a half.
Terms of Employment
Permanent Full time
Meat processing and packing plant
Work Site Environment
Security and safety
Basic security clearance
- Cut carcasses, sides and quarters.
- Cut, trim and prepare specialized cuts of meat
- Remove bones from meat.
- Prepare special orders
- Performing repetitive tasks
- Fast paced environment
- Physical Effort: This is a physically demanding position and will require continuous standing for extended periods of time, as well as some heavy lifting. Knife work involves regular repetitive use of hands, wrists, arms, shoulders.
- Physical Environment:Regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise.
- Sensory Attention:Regular need to give close attention- either hearing or seeing- to surroundings
Equipment and Machinery Experience
Manual cutting utensil, Band saw
- High School education
- 3-5 years butcher/knife experience required (Experience in detailed meat cutting for further added value )
- Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws.
- Certificate of Meat Cutting Program (preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work under cold conditions
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
- Commitment to safety and quality processes
- Attention to detail and work well with others
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
- Reliability/ Dependability
- Basic English communication skills
Cargill is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.