Full time position, must be flexible to cover shifts, some weekends, hours will vary from day, night and evenings. Overtime may be required.
Private household at 81st Avenue and 152 Street located in Surrey is looking for Caregiver for Children.
Work Location: Work in employer’s/client’s home. Accommodation is available at NO Extra Cost if the caregiver wishes to stay in the home; however, this is NOT a condition of employment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bath, dress and groom children and change diapers.
- Sterilize bottles and prepare formula.
- Maintain an open, friendly and cooperative relationship with the children and family.
- Assist in preparing food for the children and serve meals and refreshments to children and regulate rest periods.
- Facilitate children with homework and school work.
- Accompany children to and from school, outings and to medical appointments.
- Oversee children into bath and pools.
- Promote children’s emotional and social development, understanding of others and self-actualization.
- Carry out housekeeping duties: laundry, errands, cleaning, dish washing, and changing children linens.
- Keep records of every child, including day by observations and information regarding activities, meals served and medicine administered.
- Completion of High School is required.
- Minimum 1 year Caregiver experience required or Caregiver Program Completed.
- Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English.
- Punjabi speaking is an asset, but it is not a requirement.
Client Focus, Reliability, Initiative, Dependability, Organized
- Minimum 35 hours per week, over time to start after 40 hours a week.
- Paid meal breaks
- Paid vacation of 2 weeks per year.
Safety and Security:
Bondable, Criminal Record Check
Transportation: Public Transportation is available