Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Babysitters, Nannies and Parents’ Helpers (6474)
NOC Job Title: Child Caregiver – Private Home
A private household located at 128th Street and 60th Avenue is looking for a Caregiver for an infant.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an open, friendly and cooperative relationship with the baby and family.
- Prepare baby formula and sterilize the bottles.
- Tend to baby personal hygiene needs, remaining especially attentive to them during routines such as diaper changing, cleaning, feeding and changing soiled or wet clothes.
- Respond quickly in soothing and tender manner when baby cries.
- Respond consistently to baby needs for bottle and comfort.
- Rock and verbally comfort baby when they are agitated.
- Talk to the baby in order to facilitate relationship building.
- Carry out housekeeping duties: laundry, errands, cleaning, dishwashing and linens change in baby room.
- Ensure that there is constant supply of diapers and other baby products.
- Perform emergency procedures such as First Aid and CPR in event of an emergency.
- Accompany baby to outings and medical appointments.
- Keep record of baby, including day by day observation and information regarding activities, bottle feeding and medicine administered.
- Completion of High School is required.
- Minimum 1 year Caregiver experience required or Caregiver Program Completed.
- Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English.
- Punjabi speaking is an asset, but it is not a requirement.
Client Focus, Reliability, Initiative, Dependability, Organized
- Minimum 35 hours per week, over time to start after 40 hours a week.
- Paid meal breaks
- Paid vacation of 2 weeks per year.
Safety and Security:
Bondable, Criminal Record Check
Transportation: Public Transportation is available