A private residential household located at 137A Street and 64A Avenue in Surrey is looking for a live-in/ live-out caregiver for my 76 year old father for companionship.
Work Location: Work in Employer’s/ Client’s home. Optional accommodation available at no charge on live in basis. Note THIS IS NOT a condition of employment.
- Assist my father in everyday personal needs such as toileting, bathing and grooming.
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals to him.
- Escort my father to doctor appointments or any other appointments scheduled.
- Perform light housekeeping activities for my father such as cleaning, dusting, making bed, change linen, laundry and vacuuming.
- Provide companionship to my father by lending an ear or a shoulder to lean on.
- Engage with my father in outdoor activities such as light walking.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for him.
- Observe my father’s behaviour or concerns and report them to the family or doctor on immediate basis.
- Maintain record of his activities, behavior and symptoms for reference purposes.
- Completion of Secondary School
- Successfully completed 6 months Caregiver Program or at least 1 year work experience as a caregiver for senior.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Punjabi speaking is an asset but not a requirement.
Client focus, Team Player, Reliability, Judgement, Excellent Communication skills, Dependability, Initiative, Flexibility and Organized.
- 35 hours per week
- Paid meal breaks
- 2 weeks’ vacation per year
Safety and Security: Bondable, Criminal Record Check
Transportation: Public Transportation is available