A private residential household located at 197-B Street and 70 Avenue, Langley, BC is looking for a live-in/ live-out caregiver for my 83-year-old mother for companionship.
Work Location: Work in employer’s/ client’s home. Optional accommodation is available at NO CHARGE on live in basis. Note THIS IS NOT a condition of employment.
• Assisting my mother in walking and light exercise.
• Plan and prepare healthy meals for her, followed by clean up.
• Assist and help my mother in bathing, dressing and grooming.
• Accompanying her to the doctor and other outside appointments.
• Providing medication to my mother, in addition to keeping records of doctor’s meeting.
• Providing her companionship and taking care of her in a polite manner.
• Take out trash and maintain a clean environment around her.
• Maintain a record of her behavior and activities for reference purpose.
Essential Skills: Client focus, team player, Reliability, Judgement, Excellent Communication Skills, Dependability, Initiative, Flexibility and Organized.
• 35 hours per week.
• Paid meal breaks.
• 2 weeks’ vacation per year
• Completion of Secondary School.
• Successfully completed 6 months Caregiver Program or at least one year work experience as a caregiver.
• Must be able to speak, read and write English. Punjabi speaking is an asset but not a requirement.
Safety and Security: Bondable, Criminal Record Check.
Transportation: Public Transport is available.