- Ontario NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Caregiver for Seniors
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Visiting Homemakers, Housekeepers and Related Occupations (6471)
NOC Job Title: Companion
A private residential household located on 131A Street and 132nd Street in Surrey, BC is looking for a live-in/live-out caregiver for my 92 and 91 year old parents.
Work Location: Work in Employer’s/ Client’s home. Optional accommodation available at no charge on live in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment.
- Assist my parents in everyday personal needs such as toileting, bathing and grooming.
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals to them.
- Escort my parents to doctor appointments or any other appointments scheduled.
- Preform light housekeeping activities for my parents such as cleaning, dusting, making beds, change linen, laundry and vacuuming.
- Provide companionship to my parents by lending an ear or a shoulder to lean on.
- Engage with my parents in outdoor activities such as light walking.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for them.
- Observe my parent’s behaviour or concerns and report them to the family or doctor on immediate basis.
- Maintain record of their activities, behaviour and symptoms for reference purposes.
- Completion of High School
- Successfully completed 6 months Caregiver Program or at least 1 year experience in senior caregiving.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, Punjabi speaking is an asset but not a requirement.
Client focus, Team Player, Reliability, Judgement, Excellent Communication Skills, Dependability, Initiative, Flexibility, Organized.
- 32 hours/Week
- Paid meal breaks
- 2 weeks vacation per year
Safety and Security: Bondable, Criminal Record Check.
Transportation: Public transportation is available.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: