Company:gForm Enterprises Ltd.
Business information:gFormis a Residential and Commercial Concrete Formwork. Our projects include both commercial and residential buildings and we have a separate division that handles General Contracting, Framing and some design.We’ve participated in projects that range from hotels and schools to custom residential builds and major renovations.
Business address:175 – 6660 Graybar Road, Richmond, BC, V6W 1H9
Work Location: Same as above and Multiple locations for multiple contracts throughout the lower mainland of British Columbia – cities are Burnaby, Vancouver, Coquitlam, and Richmond
Type of Employment:Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Read, interpret and study blueprints and diagrams to determine dimensions of structure or form to be constructed.
- Measure materials or distances, using square, measuring tape, or rule to lay out work.
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring; and erect forms, framework, scaffolds, hoists, roof supports, or chutes, using hand tools, plumb rule, and level.
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware. Install rough door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures, or temporary supports in structures undergoing construction or repair.
- Instruct apprentices
- Cut or saw boards, timbers, or plywood to required size, using handsaw, power saw, or woodworking machine.
- Assemble and fasten material together to construct wood or metal framework of structure, using bolts, nails, or screws.
- Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers.
- Mark cutting lines on materials, using pencil and scriber.
- Examine structural timbers and supports to detect decay, and replace timbers as required, using hand tools, nuts, and bolts
-Education: Completion of high school is required
-Experience: At least 3 years of experience in the trade is required. If the candidate doesn’t have at least 3 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate is required.
Salary:$25.00 to $27.00 hourly, 40hoursor more per week.
-Shifts from 7am to 3pm or 7:30am to 3:30pm Monday to Friday.
-Overtime and some Saturdays may be required according to business needs.
-This is a physically demanding position which involves handling heavy loads.
Benefits: Disability, Medical and Dental benefits