Neil Fleming Construction is seeking Carpenter (NOC 7271) for our Squamish, BC location. We currently have 1 position available.
Terms of employment:
- Wage $25.00/hour;
- Full-time, non-seasonal, permanent job offer;
- Employment location: Squamish, Occasionally various locations in Vancouver Lower Mainland and/or Whistler/Pemberton;
- 35 – 40 hours per week;
- Overtime compensation is paid at a rate of 1.5 times the regular hourly wage;
- 4% vacation pay, paid out with each pay.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required;
- Survey building locations and levels,
- Assemble and fasten materials to make framework or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue;
- Assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials;
- Measure, cut, or shape wood, plastic, fiberglass, drywall, and other materials;
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures;
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge;
- Install, repair, and/or renovate structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, and trim, or hardware, using carpenter’s hand and power tools;
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment;
- Instruct and direct laborers and any construction helpers.
- Must have 3 years of direct work experience as a Carpenter;
- Must be able to perform all above-mentioned job duties;
- Manual dexterity is a must;
- Position is physically demanding;
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision;
- Must have an attention to details;
- Must be able to work under pressure of tight deadlines; at heights, noisy, and/or dusty spaces
- Must be able to handle heavy loads
- Must be able to work, day, weekend, overtime
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English;
- Must have excellent problem solving, decision making, job task planning and organizing skills;
- Must have valid driving license with clean driving record;
- Must have own safety equipment/gear, steel-toed boots, hard hat, safety glasses/goggles
- Must be able to provide professional references upon request.