Unico Kitchen Cabinets Ltd.
Unit 106 12975 84 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3W 0K5
Salary: $27.00/Hourly for 40 hours per week
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Carpenters (7271)
NOC Job Title: Carpenter
Various locations within lower mainland with warehouse located at Unit 106 12975 84 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3W 0K5
Carpenters are one of the most versatile construction occupations, with workers usually doing many different tasks. Unico Kitchen Cabinets Ltd. located at Unit 106 12975 84 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3W 0K5 provides services including millwork, countertops and custom-made kitchen cabinets for residential and commercial buildings. We are urgently looking for 2 Carpenters to add into our team.
• Construct, erect, install, maintain and repair structures and components of structures made of wood
• Precisely measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
• Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
• Incorporates fixtures like door handles and locks, cabinet handles, stairway railing, and other fixtures into design and implementation
• Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
• Frame room additions as needed for client
• Build counters, doors, windows and other structures of wood
• Fasten materials together with nails, screws, staples, and adhesives, and do a final check of their work to ensure accuracy
• Fit and install trim items, such as counters, doors, stairs, moulding and hardware
• Follow all code requirements for kitchens and baths in remodeling projects
• Maintain, repair and renovate cabinets and kitchens in residences and other commercial establishments
• Carve and assemble custom furniture, shelves and other items and install them where designated
• Lead the team of installers and helpers at various work sites
• Communicate effectively and reporting to management for the work progress at warehouse and work sites
• May be asked to prepare cost estimates for clients by management
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Large workload, Physically demanding, Handling heavy loads, Tight deadlines, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Work Site Environment
Confined spaces, Noisy, Dusty
Judgement, Accurate, Excellent oral communication, Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Client focus, Reliability
Major Work Area
Construction, Renovation, Maintenance and repair
Industrial, Commercial, Residential
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• Completion of a 3-4 year apprenticeship program or 2-3 years of experience in the trade is required.
• Trade certification for carpenters will be an asset, but not necessary.
• Basic English is must
• Ability to work efficiently for physically demanding work
• Ability to carry heavy work loads
As per collective agreement and BC Employment Standards, 4% Vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period with 10 days of unpaid vacation annually or the option to choose 10 days of paid vacation with no vacation pay on each pay period.
How to apply
Kindly apply with a resume and cover letter only via:
Mail: Unit 106 12975 84 Avenue, Surrey, BC V3W 0K5