- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Carrier Services Analyst
Carrier Services Analyst
|Number of positions:||1|
|Town/City:||Rexdale, Ontario (CA-ON)|
|Department:||CARR RLTN (10005433)|
|Duration of Assignment:||Ongoing|
Reporting to the Manager, Carrier Relations, accountable for the acquisition of telecommunication services from third party providers, including analyzing and identifying appropriate suppliers, negotiating and requesting prices and terms, ordering circuits, analyzing vendor performance. Utilize existing systems and controls to gather and compile data to produce a variety of business information such as budgets, business plans, cost trend studies, variance reviews and statistical reports.
- Provide pricing for telecommunications services from service providers. Work with vendors on pricing and service level agreement provisions, as required. Coordinate with Sales Engineering, Provisioning and Customer Service to ensure complete and accurate details of orders/contracts are communicated to vendors.
- Authorize payments within the limits of approved signing authorities for invoices from service providers. Investigate and resolve disputes.
- Collect and analyze competitive pricing information to assist with competitive bidding, pricing strategy and customer/product profitability analysis.
- Develop and implement systems and related controls to gather and consolidate information to produce a variety of business information such as annual budget, business plan, cost trend studies, performance reports and monthly cost reports. Coordinate, assemble and prepare data. Analyze data to ensure consistency with assumptions and strategies. Develop and maintain the associated systems and controls, assess their effectiveness and recommend changes or improvement, as necessary.
- Provide advice, guidance, recommendations and assistance on budgets and in the evaluation and explanation of significant variations between budgeted and actual expenditures. Review cost control procedures, assess their effectiveness and recommend changes or improvements, as necessary
- Prepare and track Material and Service Order Forms. Ensure expenses are charged to the appropriate cost centres, work orders, or Project IDs. Work with Corporate Tax department to resolve any applicable tax issues.
- Review and identify business and technical issues in vendor contracts and coordinate with Sales, Engineering, Supply Chain, Law and Finance to protect the interests of Hydro One Telecom Inc.
- Develop and maintain performance measures and the appropriate reporting system for monitoring and controlling such measures. Prepare and present reports including comparative analysis of vendor pricing and terms, as required. Respond to requests from management, staff and vendors for analysis and information, as necessary.
- Provide support to the Director, Carrier Relations related to Hydro One Business Telecom voice and data and Power System Telecom Services (PSTS) operations, contract management and Service Level Agreement administration, including analysis and explanation of variances between actual revenues and contract.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Requires a knowledge of business administration, mathematics and cost accounting principles to develop vendor pricing to assist in telecommunication contract management and the preparation of service level agreements.
- Requires a good knowledge of computer technology and information systems to produce reports.
- Requires a good knowledge of English including written and verbal communication skills to effectively prepare correspondence and assist in discussions with vendors and customers.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training (Grade XII plus 5 years).
- Requires an understanding of types of service, business processes and contractual terms and conditions related to telecommunications.
- Experience with account distributions and reconciliations of customer invoices.
- Experience in budget planning and cost trend studies and reports, etc.
- An understanding of the interrelationship of the various finance groups.
- Experience with computers and applications to develop and apply information systems and use information from systems within the business unit.
- A period of over 4 years and up to and including 6 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
If you share our passion for safety, our customer service focus, and are ready to play a lead role in building a bright future, we would love to hear from you!
Thank you for considering this opportunity and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are being considered for an interview or other assessment one of our Recruitment Consultants will be in touch. Furthermore, if you are being considered for an interview and require special accommodations please let us know. Finally, short-listed candidates will be asked to pass a reliability check (which could include criminal background check, driver’s license abstract, education verification, etc.) prior being offered a job at Hydro One.
Deadline: February 11, 2019
In the event you are experiencing difficulties applying to this job please consult our help page here.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: