Your strong client-focused, consultation and analytical expertise is needed with the Ministry of Community and Social Services to deliver the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), using a case management approach.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Provide customer service and consultation to clients
- Collect and evaluate information to determine eligibility for ODSP Income and Employment Supports
- Make adjustments to entitlements and resolve conflict situations
- Explain legislation and ministry initiatives
- Prepare a range of communication materials
- Plan and deliver information sessions to clients and stakeholders, on community-based employment supports
Location: North York, Scarborough, Toronto
How do I qualify?
Customer Service and Communication Skills
- You can provide effective customer service to clients with disabilities
- You have the ability to liaise with community agencies, provide information to clients, and resolve conflict situations
- You have effective communication and consulting skills to write clear, concise reports and conduct information sessions
- You demonstrate sensitivity towards diversity and inclusion of applicants, clients, and co-workers
- You have interviewing skills to conduct interviews with clients by phone or in person
- You have effective listening skills to determine client needs and make appropriate referrals
- You have knowledge of community services, resources, policies, programs and issues/barriers affecting clients with disabilities
- You have knowledge of labour market trends
- You are able to interpret and apply legislation in order to review/determine program eligibility and identify infractions
Analytical, Planning, and Organizational Skills
- You demonstrate planning and organizational skills to set priorities, work within time constraints and meet deadlines
- You have demonstrated analytical skills to collect, document and evaluate information
- You are able to work in a team environment
Successful candidates may be required to undergo an employment screening check in accordance with the Ontario Employment Screening Checks Policy.
PLEASE NOTE: Available ODSP Office locations will be changing in 2017 to the following (Jane & Finch, 830 Lawrence Ave. W., 340 Dufferin Street, 47 Sheppard Ave. E., 111 Wellesley Ave. E., 1880 Eglinton Ave. E., 5639 Finch Ave. E.)
Salary Range: $1,121.25 – $1,346.88 per week
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possibility of extension), 1870 Wilson Ave, North York, Toronto Region
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possibility of extension), 47 Sheppard Ave E, North York, Toronto Region
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possibility of extension), 385 Yonge St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possibility of extension), 770 Birchmount Rd, Scarborough, Toronto Region
- 1 Permanent, 1870 Wilson Ave, North York, Toronto Region
- 1 Permanent, 47 Sheppard Ave E, North York, Toronto Region
- 1 Permanent, 385 Yonge St, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 1 Permanent, 770 Birchmount Rd, Scarborough, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, November 29, 2016, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 99355 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.