Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB)
CCAB invites applications for the full time position of a receptionist. If you are hardworking, creative and a career oriented individual that is committed to working for the benefit of the Aboriginal community – we want to hear from you.
CCAB is a national nonprofit charitable organization founded in 1984, which is committed to the full time participation of Aboriginal peoples in the Canadian economy. CCAB offers knowledge resources and programs to both business Canada and the Aboriginal owned member companies to help foster relationships and economic opportunity in Canada.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant, the Receptionist will be responsible for the administration of the office and will enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs in a fast paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling the mail, fax, couriers, photocopying, telephone and email; directing inquiries to the appropriate staff member;
- Opening, date stamping and tracking all general correspondence received;
- Being the administrator for our internal content management systems. This includes managing and maintaining accurate information using in-house database;
- Receiving, responding, directing and relaying all email messages from our general info site;
- Maintaining an adequate inventory of office supplies and order accordingly;
- Providing administrative support as needed;
- Greeting and assisting any visitors to the office;
- Ensuring the maintenance of common spaces to ensure that the office runs smoothly;
- Minute taking for staff meetings and coordinating small office events;
- Conducting monthly Health and Safety checks in the office;
- Assisting with other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree or relevant work experience;
- Minimum 1-2 years of job related experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office and excellent computer skills;
- Previous knowledge or experience with content management systems would be preferred;
- Effective interpersonal skills, a collaborative working style with the ability to work independently;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Good judgement, discretion, tact and the ability to work easily with senior leaders within the charitable, government or business sectors;
- Established connections within the Aboriginal business community and non-profit is an asset;
- All qualified candidates must be registered with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training.
Subject to Government funding this is a full-time one year contract position commencing on April 3, 2017, with a total of 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday at the rate of $17.50 per hour.
Those qualified are asked to submit a cover letter with a resume, outlining experience and suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply for the position is March 3rd 2017.
Information regarding CCAB is available at www.ccab.com
We thank all applicants in advance however only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted. Please no telephone calls.
Thank you to our sponsors for providing the funding for this position.