Chief Administration Officer : 00008S4W
Employment Type: Regular
Chief Administrative Officer (“CAO”) is responsible for all business support and non-revenue generating roles including: Head of Strategy and Channel Optimization, Collections and Underwriting teams, Business Solutions and Business Operations. The CAO will deliver high quality cost –effective support to the Business in ensuring RBWM fulfills its strategic objectives.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business
- Lead in the execution of the strategy including change management program.
- Tracking performance against any MTO and Target Operating Model objectives which relate to a specific business area. Aiming for global consistency wherever possible and working collaboratively on global initiatives
Business Performance Reviews
- Tracks business performance using MI/analysis provided by Finance, helping business to achieve business targets. Agrees remedial action, provides appropriate support for the action and monitors progress
- Carrying out regular reviews to ensure business area is working effectively, include reviews relating to costs, efficiency, process improvements, system requirements, etc
Change the Bank
- Oversees all material Change the Bank projects from a business perspective, working with HOST to ensure the required Transformation support is provided and working with business heads to ensure appropriate business engagement. Monitor project performance and ensure remedial action is taken globally
- Ensure that governance forums are structured appropriately and run efficiently, ensuring high quality oversight with minimal levels of bureaucracy. Where required, responsible for production of papers, agendas and minutes for Excos/Committees/etc. and acting as secretary of Performance Management committees
- Partnering with relevant stakeholders for business-specific activities i.e. CVM for client segmentation and employee loadings; for pricing, product launches;
- Work with HOST/Global Functions to ensure that their strategies and activities are aligned to the RBWM strategy and are coordinated with each other
- Working with the Risk function, oversees risk management issues in the business, ensuring that business activities comply with Group policies and external regulators’ requirements. Ensure Business Heads retain full accountability for risk management
- Provides management support removing administrative burden and providing advice and data to facilitate decision-making. Carries out ad hoc projects, producing materials for town-halls, presentations, etc., in conjunction with the Comms Function as required
Customers / Stakeholders
- Supports Business with the aim of ensuring that business administration is carried out efficiently and effectively, enabling the business to achieve its goals
- Partners with the heads of HTS/Global Functions to ensure they obtain the required support from the business, and deliver the required service to the business
- Ensures that the needs of external stakeholders in the Group, or external stakeholders such as regulators, are understood and satisfied efficiently and effectively
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Manages and leads a cohesive team that is aligned to the business areas they support and works collaboratively with colleagues globally, so breaking down silos
- Ensures team is appropriately structured and resourced, recruiting and retaining high quality team members
- Provides training, coaching and guidance to team
- Develops key talent in the team and provides career opportunities
- Collaborates with colleagues within the team and with other business areas to achieve business goals
- Offers help to colleagues within and outside team, regularly providing feedback on new and better ways of doing things, sharing ideas and best practices with the team
- Motivates team, ensuring high levels of engagement
- Lead and develop an effective team through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensures that the BRCM function is in place and working effectively, and that business heads understand their role in the first line of defense.
- Ensures adherence to all FIM and Internal Control procedures.
- Provides leadership and assist in driving a compliance culture across the business.
- Exercises tight cost controls within the BM team and across the business, on both project-related costs and BAU costs
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Standardizing and rationalizing the operational model for the RBWM business to achieve economies of scale.
- Via HOST support, deliver technology support to achieve Business goals under economic and resource pressures
- Providing supporting data to allow RBWM senior leadership to focus on delivering the most efficient and effective channel to deliver reductions in cost and increases in sales efficiency.
- Managing by influence; working in close collaboration. To ensure delivery of Plan and RBWM business objectives and strategies.
- Ensuring a close connection between market trends/client needs and ultimate product/channel delivery and business.
- Developing strategy and driving projects in response to market changes and opportunities and alignment with Retail Banking.
- Working with a broad range of stakeholders to deliver the people element of the strategy.
Management of Risk
- Shall be responsible for overseeing and ensuring that risk standards are in accordance with the Group Standards Manual (GSM) and appropriate Function Instructional Manuals (FIMs). Robust local risk policies Business Instruction Manuals (BIMs) to be in place and reviewed regularly for their ongoing adequacy.
- All GCB’s:
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviors that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defense’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defense, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC’s Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
- This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Minimum of ten years in program management in strategy or operations in a major corporation, top-tier strategy consulting firm, or combination of these experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, or related field or equivalent experience. MBA or equivalent experience.
- Thought leader who possesses strong leadership and consensus building skills along with the ability to conceive and articulate innovative ideas and drive projects from idea to revenue.
- Passion and drive to imagine, solve, and execute ambitious projects within short time frames in a large, matrix-management environment including proven ability to work cross functionally.
- Strong business strategist with demonstrated track record of both developing and executing innovate strategies to deliver outstanding top and bottom-line results.
- Ability to build and lead world-class teams and a great team player with a positive attitude, enormous energy and enthusiasm.
- Superior quantitative, analytical, strategic and problem-solving skills, including a working knowledge of statistical and financial modeling.
- Outstanding persuasion, facilitation and oral/written communication skills; discriminating listener.
- Necessity to make difficult decisions and ability to prioritize competing demands
- Demonstrate ability to assess risk trends
- Proven ability to manage a wide range of internal and external stakeholder relationships.
Job Field : Adminstration & Secretarial
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 16-Feb-2017, 18:02:24 Unposting Date : 24-Feb-2017, 23:59:00