Are you an agent of change and a bridge builder? Are you able to reach out and develop positive relationships with a multitude of key stakeholders? Are you an effective leader? If so, this truly unique opportunity is waiting for you. That’s because the Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre is not just a hospital, it’s a hospital without walls and a health community!
As CEO, you will report directly to the Health Centre Board of Directors and respect First Nation governance traditions for consultation, collaboration and communication.
The CEO is directly responsible for the strategic planning and operational performance of the Health Centre ensuring consistency with the mission, vision and values. Equally important, the CEO is responsible for the development and maintenance of effective and productive long term relationships with the many, multiple key stakeholders. The CEO also provides leadership by advocating for and negotiating financial resources, optimizing internal resources, ensuring programming that meets regional needs, managing budgets and monitoring the success of short and long-term strategic and financial goals.
- Regularly reports to the Board of Directors on the Health Centre’s financial and operational status; provides status reports on strategic and operational objectives;
- Informs the board of issues arising and seeks guidance regarding the impact of regional implementation of new programs and/or changes;
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with First Nation health and political organizations, the Municipal, Provincial and Federal agencies as well as the various professional associations;
- Monitors changes within the Federal and Provincial systems and identifies trends and issues related to changing regulations, policies, and procedures that would impact the Health Centre;
- Advocates on behalf of the Health Centre with any and all parties and with the accompaniment of board members when First Nation expertise brings more additional value and credibility;
- Ensures an effective reporting structure, resource allocation and measurements that include respect for First Nation service delivery professionals working within the Health Centre;
- Works with the Finance Manager to plan and manage operational and project budgets, forecasts and long-term financial plans; ensures overall adherence to annual budgets;
- Focuses on the ongoing effective management of all operations including communicating and collaborating with the executive group and program leaders to effectively plan their programs, set goals, monitor assigned budgets, control spending, create operational excellence and provide ongoing timely reports, and;
- Works with Elders, department heads and business unit leaders to identify and resolve problems efficiently, effectively and respectfully.
If you would like more information about this position or the Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre, please visit http://bit.ly/MYWHC-CEO or contact Barbara Bowes, Partner, Waterhouse Executive Search at (204) 934-8820.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization as Chief Executive Officer please submit your resume in confidence to Barbara.Bowes@legacybowes.com quoting position #163204.