Vacancies: 1 Vacancy
Employment groups: Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Terms of employment: Full time
Start date ASAP
Credentials: Certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, First aid certificate
Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
Work Location Information:
Work in employer’s/client’s home, Room and board provided
Work Site Environment: Non-smoking
Personal Suitability: Excellent written communication, excellent oral communication
Children’s Ages: Newborn, 1 year and 5 year
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children in their care
- Prepare meals and organize mealtimes and snacks for children
- Help children keep good hygiene
- Change the diapers of infants and toddlers
- Organize activities or implement a curriculum that allow children to learn about the world and explore interests
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring the problems to the attention of parents
- Keep records of children’s progress, routines, and interest
Communication skill needed as Childcare worker going to spend most of their time with children, and will need to tell stories, ask and answer questions, as well as report back to parents and understand any instructions given to you.
Instructional Skills: Childcare workers need to be able to explain instructions clearly and in a way kids can understand.
Children can be frustrating, especially around nap time. Being patient will help you when tense situations arise. Kids are bundles of energy, and nannies need the energy to match. Carrying children, diaper bags, etc. requires strength.