- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
Home » Clinical Informatics Analyst II
Clinical Informatics Analyst II
|Date||May 6, 2020|
|Company||BC Public Service|
|Salary||$35.29 - Per Hour|
|Category||Medical / Health|
|Client||Interior Health Authority|
Clinical Informatics Analyst II
Interior Health is currently looking for a permanent full-time Clinical Informatics Analyst II to join our Information Management & Information Technology (IMIT) team at the Kelowna Warehouse (Reids). This position is for the Community Systems area, supporting users in Home Health, Home Support, Long Term Care, and Chronic Disease management. The role can include support for MEDITECH, Goldcare, and Procura.
The Clinical Informatics Analyst II evaluates, plans, implements, tests, maintains and supports information systems which support clinical and health information needs throughout Interior Health in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards. This position provides consultative support and training to regional users of software applications.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
2. Liaises with members of the assigned areas/departments and software vendors to troubleshoot problems, assess priority, research and evaluate alternatives and implement recommendations.
3. Determines ongoing information needs, implements system changes and provides support related to clinical and health information software applications.
4. Serves as the primary contact person for assigned clinical service area(s) regarding software applications.
5. Develops proposals for modification and/or enhancement of vendor software applications and liaises with vendors to oversee installation, testing and problem resolution/debugging of program coding.
6. Participates in the development of department standards, methods and procedures.
7. Designs, develops, implements and evaluates computerized software dictionaries, databases and reports using vendor software applications.
8. Plans, implements and evaluates educational training requirements and provides related training to meet the learning needs of users within the areas/departments with respect to (a) education of new users and (b) the continuing education of users regarding system upgrades and new technology.
9. Provides informational input and expertise during acquisition of products and services and during development of department project plans, project priorities and tactical plans as required.
10. Other related duties as required.
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
• An attractive remuneration package in keeping with your qualifications and experience and excellent career prospects awaits the right candidate.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces….Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized degree or diploma program in Computer Science
• Two years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
* All postings with a closing date specified close at 11:59 pm PT
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: