Accounts Clerk, Finance Shared Services
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments. The LDB is also responsible for distribution of non-medical cannabis including wholesale, e-commerce and brick and mortar stores.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
The Accounts Clerk is responsible for verifying financial information, resolving anomalies, performing reconciliations; and processing transactions including journal vouchers, period end accruals, accounts receivable/banking transactions, and issuing invoices to customers, in compliance with the LDB’s financial management framework. The Clerk also responds to inquiries, maintains electronic and paper files, and contributes to the improvement of policies, procedures and systems to enhance the accuracy, efficiency and timeliness of all aspects of financial transaction processing.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Candice Palmer, Assistant Manager, Banking by phone at 604 252 7555. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
- Diploma in bookkeeping/accounting and 2 years of recent (within the last 4 years) related experience*
- 4 years of recent (within the last 6 years), related experience*
*Recent, related, experience:
- In a bookkeeping/accounting position in a large organization, processing financial transactions and interacting effectively with internal/external clients
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Excel and experience using standard office and accounting software
- Basic bookkeeping/accounting practices and software (see: Tools/equipment)
- Standard office administration policies, standards and practices including records management
- Written and oral communication skills and attention to detail when communicating
- Excellent numeracy and the ability to accurately verify information, resolve discrepancies, process financial transactions
- Able to manage multiple priorities and consistently produce results within timelines
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal/external clients and colleagues and other contacts while upholding the highest standards of tact, discretion and professionalism
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel) and able to use other standard office and accounting software