Posting Title: CLK 09R – Accounts Payable Clerk – Public Guardian and Trustee of BC
Position Classification: Clerk R9
Location: Vancouver, BC V8W 2S8 CA (Primary)
Salary Range: $40,394.06 – $45,617.40 annually
Close Date: 10/24/2018
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
Ministry/Organization: BC Public Service -> Other Public Sector
Ministry Branch / Division: Public Guardian and Trustee
Accounts Payable Clerk
An eligibility list may be established for future similar permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
Make a difference in this rewarding career opportunity
The Public Guardian and Trustee (“PGT”) of British Columbia is a corporation sole, created under the Public Guardian and Trustee Act which operates independently under provincial legislation to protect the legal and financial interests of children under the age of 19 years; protect the legal, financial, and in some cases personal and health care interests of adults who require assistance in decision making; and administer the estates of deceased and missing persons. As a result of obligations created by statute, the Public Guardian and Trustee exercises quasi-judicial authority in specified situations. In addition, the Public Guardian and Trustee is called upon to provide independent comments to the Court when the legal or financial interests of minors, adults under mental disability or estates are at risk. The Public Guardian and Trustee is independent of government in its case-related decision making responsibilities.
The Public Guardian and Trustee strives to promote family involvement in securing appropriate protection for individuals or their estates. The Public Guardian and Trustee must observe prudent business practices, is bound by fiduciary principles and is ultimately accountable to the Court. The services of the Public Guardian and Trustee extend to clients resident throughout the province and, less frequently, in other provinces and countries throughout the world.
The Client Financial Services (“CFS”) department is within the Client Finance and Administrative Services division and is responsible for the day to day management of client financial services within the Estates and Trusts Administered entity. Computerized financial systems process cash receipts, produce payments on behalf of clients, distribute investment income, record real property sales, and other financial transactions. The department also maintains the security and integrity of the assets of clients, valued at nearly $1 billion, as well as liabilities totalling over $35 million, and develops annual audited financial statements.
This position is responsible for the accurate processing of accounts payable from PGT client accounts and trust accounts.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Tglass@trustee.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent (GED)
- Experience providing customer or client service, carrying out legal, administrative and/or financial duties and responding to client needs in a professional manner in an office setting.
- Experience/training working with Microsoft office products and data entry.
Preference may be given to candidates who possess the following:
- Preference may be given to candidates with 1 or more years of experience providing customer or client service, carrying out legal, administrative and/or financial duties and responding to client needs in a professional manner in an office setting.
- Preference may be given to applicants who are able to accurately keyboard 35 to 50 words per minute and/or 5500 to 7000 alpha numeric keystrokes per hour (data entry).
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience working directly or in person with vulnerable populations (e.g. vulnerable adults, persons with disabilities, children, heirs and beneficiaries and individuals with language, behavioral and/or cognitive barriers)
- Preference may be given to applicants who are able to lift or move heavy objects and/or record boxes (ranges from 25 to 50 lbs )
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, and an enhanced security clearance check as required by the PGT.
- Preference may be given for completed Office Administration course(s)
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
Cover Letter: NO
Resume: YES A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.