An eligibility list may be established for future regular and temporary vacancies.
Advance your administrative career with this rewarding opportunity
Do you have a desire to make a difference in someone’s life? Do you have excellent customer service skills and strong administrative abilities?
The Ministry of Children and Family Development promotes and develops the capacity of families and communities to care for and protect vulnerable children and youth and supports healthy child and family development to maximize the potential of every child in BC. The Ministry is responsible for regional and province wide delivery of services and programs that support positive and healthy outcomes for children, youth and their families.
The Team Assistant has a primary focus on providing day-to-day program support within the social services office. The position reports to the Office Manager, and receives direction from multiple stakeholders that include: social workers, Team Leaders, Managers and the immediate supervisor. The position is the point of contact for client intake which includes the general public.
The position requires an understanding of the challenges faced by clients, and potential clients, of the services and programs being offered and how the social services office relates outside the Ministry; with service providers, community organizations, and other public service organizations.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Marie.Gerow@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
- One year of administrative support experience in an office environment.
- Six months experience working in a computerized environment using various computer applications and data bases. (For example: Microsoft Office applications (Word Excel, Outlook, Lync) for word processing, spread sheeting, data entry, email and video teleconferencing; and case management or other database applications).
- Consideration may be given for completion of an Administrative Business Skills course or program as experience equivalency.
- Experience providing quality customer or client service, carrying out duties and responding to client needs in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as a team member with a multi-disciplinary environment and with other professional staff, client and service providers.
Preference may be given for:
- Administrative experience working with vulnerable children and families in a human/social services setting.
- Experience using MCFD applications: Integrated Case Management (ICM) and/or Management Information Systems (MIS) computer applications.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire – YES As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.