This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future permanent and/or temporary opportunities.
Currently there is one (1) Full Time temporary opportunity to backfill for maternity leave until June 30, 2020.
Do you thrive in a high volume environment? Do you enjoy serving a diversified public? Can you change priorities on a dime?
This Administrative Coordinator provides a wide range of executive coordination and confidential administrative services for the Deputy Minister’s office. The Administrative Coordinator works closely with senior executive offices to coordinate responses to incoming correspondence, and request material to support Minister and Deputy Minister level meetings. The Administrative Coordinator also responds to internal and external contacts using discretion to ensure the release of appropriate information. The incumbent works independently, demonstrates substantial initiative within the scope of the role assigned and operates in a confidential manner. This position reports to the Director, Executive Operations.
To provide support to the Deputy Minister’s office and coordinate office administration functions, coordinates the completion of documents, technical support, records management, facilities and asset management; and provide back-up for the Deputy Minister’s assistant.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The BC Public Service is an inclusive and accessible employer. Please advise the hiring manager if any accommodations are required to assist you to ensure equitable participation.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Melody.Olsen@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Post-secondary Certificate or Diploma in office/business administration, writing, communications or related field and a minimum of one year of clerical/administrative office experience*; OR
- Grade 12 or equivalent, plus a minimum of two years clerical/administrative office experience*;
- *Must have the required years of clerical/administrative office experience in each of the following:
- Experience creating, preparing, formatting, proofreading, and editing executive level documents including: memorandums, presentation materials, spreadsheets, flow charts, reports, briefing notes, and email correspondence.
- Experience in records management using electronic systems and physical file management, including managing, tracking, and retrieving documents.
- Experience developing and maintaining tracking systems to ensure correspondence, reports, etc., are completed within established timelines.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Experience working in an executive office.
- Experience using and maintaining information in a correspondence tracking system.
- Experience using SharePoint, including managing, uploading, and auditing SharePoint content.
- Experience using the eApprovals document approval system.
- Experience organizing and managing executive member electronic calendars, making travel arrangements, compiling confidential meeting material, and booking boardrooms and catering.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.