Advertising and Social Responsibility Coordinator
Temporary >7 months, Full-Time – Burnaby
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of two branches of Government responsible for the wholesale distribution and retail sale of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis. In 2018/19 the LDB recorded gross sales of $3.6 billion, generating a net income of $1.104 billion that supported vital public services including health care and education. It has a workforce of approximately 4600 full- and part-time employees working across 197 BC Liquor Stores, two BC Cannabis Stores (online and stand alone), a Head Office, three Wholesale Customer Centres and three Distribution Centres. The LDB is led by a General Manager and CEO who is responsible for administering the Liquor Distribution Act and the Cannabis Distribution Act, subject to direction from the Minister. As part of BC’s mixed-model retail system for liquor and non-medical cannabis, the LDB is committed to providing customers with an enhanced shopping environment, an expansive product selection and a high level of service.
Reporting to the Marketing & Social Responsibility Manager, this position is responsible for providing administrative support and coordination of external advertising, marketing in-store shelf programs, social responsibility programs and initiatives as well as charitable fundraising activity in and outside of BC Liquor Stores.
An eligibility list for temporary future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Lise Phang, Manager, Marketing & Social Responsibility, 604-252-8742. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Education and Experience:
- 1 year recent related administrative experience with an emphasis on coordinating services, projects or people (preference may be given to candidates with 2 years of recent experience).
- Relevant Marketing Diploma or Certificate, preferred.
- Background in advertising, preferred.
- Beverage alcohol product knowledge, preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work under pressure using initiative to plan, organize and establish priorities to complete assignments in a timely manner taking into consideration competing workloads and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to deal courteously, tactfully and diplomatically with others.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well both independently, under limited supervision, and in a team environment.
- Proficient in standard computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook.