Customer Service Representative
An eligibility list may be established.
This position is part time 0.75 FTE, 52.5 hours biweekly.
If this position interests you and you meet the required criteria, we look forward to your applicationService BC is the chief provider of frontline services to citizens and businesses, by phone, in-person and over the internet. Service BC’s government wide mandate is to ensure citizens; businesses and the broader public sector have convenient access to high quality, seamless government services.
The Service Delivery Branch is responsible for the management and operation of Service BC’s in-person points of service, including over 62 Service BC Centres and Community Access Terminal sites.
The role of a Customer Service Representative (CSR) is to provide this service in a broad range of statutory and other programs by in-person counter service, telephone and correspondence contacts. The CSR is the frontline contact in the delivery of these services. The CSR is expected to be knowledgeable and customer service oriented, and to exhibit a high degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion. All contacts and service delivery assignments are expected to reflect the spirit of the mission and values statement of Service BC.
Service is provided in a service quality environment which strives to complete all aspects of an information request, application filing or financial transaction as a one visit occurrence or to make arrangements for completing the client’s requirements on a follow through basis by subsequent mail, telephone, or in-person attention from the staff of the responsible ministry. Services are provided for provincial government programs as well as making available a variety of services on behalf of other levels of government and other public sector agencies.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact April.Webb@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Minimum grade 12 graduation required, or equivalent
- Two years clerical experience, education and/or relevant training:
- Minimum one year full-time equivalent clerical experience (obtained within the past 3 years) in a high volume public facing environment in combination with relevant training
- Relevant training could include but not limited to office administration, cashier training, etc. There will be different combinations of relevant training and one year full-time experience that would result in the person meeting the above standards. (One year experience is defined as full time work or combination of part time equivalent to one year obtained within the past 3 years.)
- Minimum two years customer service experience, providing excellent in-person information and services to the public
- Preference may be given to applicants who have completed a training program focused on customer service/service excellence
- Minimum one year experience handling financial transactions (eg. Describe payment processing, cash handling) from the public (obtained in the last three years)
- Minimum one year experience in working with complex client needs, including but not limited to physical limitations, development disabilities, mobility skills and cognitive, social and emotional barriers; as well as working with individuals with complex barriers to employment and a broad range of cultural backgrounds (in the last five years)
- Minimum one year experience working in and as part of a team environment with daily interactions with team members specific to the daily tasks being completed in established work experience
- Experience/training in keyboarding (minimum 25 WPM), word processing, and standard computer applications (ie. MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, standard computer applications, web based forms and data bases)
- Preference may be given to applicants who have clerical and administrative office experience in a public service sector environment
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.