Customer Service Representative
* This is for a 0.9 (6.3 hours per day) Regular Part-Time As & When (RPTAW) position at Dawson Creek Service BC
* An eligibility list may be established.
A multi-faceted role in a quality service environment
If you’re looking for an exciting role in a dynamic, public service environment, this could be just the position you’re after. As a Customer Service Representative with Service BC in Dawson Creek, you will be the front-line contact in the delivery of a diverse range of clerical and administrative services.
Your strong service orientation and ability to multi-task skills are important in this role. We are seeking a confident individual able to perform duties with a high degree of initiative, flexibility and efficiency. In this position you will provide over-the-counter, telephone and correspondence services to respond to public enquiries. This role calls for an analytical thinker with a keen attention to detail and experience handling financial transactions, as another component of this position is receiving payments from the public. You are also required to proficiently use many computer programs delivering service to the public. You enjoy meeting the public’s needs in a service oriented environment. You are a positive team member, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships that enable you to complete work, provide quality services and share information. If you are interested in working in a rewarding and dynamic environment, this is the job for you.
Service BC is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with government due to the exposure to a wide variety of programs.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Eloyd.Simon@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Minimum grade 12 graduation required, or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years clerical experience, education and/or relevant training.
- Minimum one (1) year full-time equivalent clerical experience (achieved within the past 3 years) in a high volume public facing environment in combination with relevant training;
- Relevant training could include but not limited to office administration, cashier training, etc.
- There will be different combinations of relevant training and one (1) year full-time experience that would result in the person meeting the above standards.
- Minimum of two (2) years customer service experience, providing excellent in-person information and services to the public.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have completed a training program focused on customer service/service excellence.
- Minimum 12 months experience handling financial transactions (eg. payment processing, cash handling) from the public.
- Experience/training in keyboarding, word processing, and standard computer applications (ie. MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, standard computer applications and data bases).
- Preference may be given to applicants who have clerical and administrative office experience in a public service sector environment.
- Willingness to keep self-informed on current trends and issues through ongoing training, education and participation in branch projects.
- Willingness to perform repetitive tasks while standing at a counter or getting up and down from a chair frequently, for up to seven hours a day.
- Willingness to lift and carry boxes/mailbags weighing up to 20 pounds, for distances of up to 10 feet, and to manipulate them from heights which may require the use of a foot stool.
- Willingness to travel occasionally, for varying lengths of time.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire – YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.