- Manitoba NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
CLK 11R – Customer Service Representative
CLK 11R – Customer Service Representative – (50819)
Posting Title: CLK 11R – Customer Service Representative
Position Classification: Clerk R11
Location: Salmon Arm, BC V2E4S4 CA (Primary)
Salary Range: $42,655.22 – $48,230.51 annually
Close Date: 5/29/2018
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
Ministry/Organization: BC Public Service -> Citizens’ Services
Ministry Branch / Division: CITIZENS’ SERVICES / SERVICE BC
Customer Service Representative
* There is one Regular Full-Time position as well as two 0.5 Regular Part-Time As & When (RPTAW) position at Salmon Arm Service BC
* An eligibility list may be established future permanent and temporary positions.
Service BC is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with government due to the exposure to a wide variety of programs
If you’re looking for an exciting role in a dynamic, public service environment, this could be just the position you’re after. As a Customer Service Representative with Service BC in Salmon Arm, you will be the front-line contact in the delivery of a diverse range of clerical and administrative services.
Service BC is a core business area within the Ministry of Citizens’ Services and the provincial government’s chief provider of frontline services to the public by phone, in-person and over the internet. Service BC’s government-wide mandate is to ensure citizens; businesses and the broader public sector have convenient access to high quality, seamless government services. The Service Delivery Branch is responsible for the management and operation of Service BC’s in-person points of service, including over 62 Service BC Centres and Community Access Terminal Sites.
Your strong service orientation and ability to multi-task skills are important in this role. We are seeking a confident individual able to perform duties with a high degree of initiative, flexibility and efficiency. In this part time position, you will provide over-the-counter, telephone and correspondence services to respond to public enquiries. This role calls for an analytical thinker with a keen attention to detail and experience handling financial transactions, as another component of this position is receiving payments from the public. You are also required to proficiently use many computer programs delivering service to the public. The CSR is expected to be knowledgeable and customer service oriented, and to exhibit a high degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion. The CSR is expected to be a positive team member whom establishes and maintains effective working relationships that enable you to complete your work, shares information and provide quality service.
If you are interested in working in a rewarding dynamic environment and enjoy meeting the public’s needs, this is the job for you.
NOTE: This Regular Part Time As & When (RPTAW) position is .50% of a full time regular position. The hours and days of work will vary bi-weekly, ranging from nil to full time hours, depending on operational demand, but will average no less than the annual guarantee of 913.5 hours between April 1 and March 31 of the following year. In the first year of employment these hours will be prorated based on start date. Scheduled start and end times are variable from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, dependent on operational requirements. Further hours may be offered in addition to the annual guaranteed hours. Work schedules are provided a minimum of 14 days in advance. Employees are required to work assigned scheduled shift. Work schedules may be amended due to operational requirements. If work schedules are changed with less than 14 days’ notice a prescribed scheduled time period for contact will be utilized during which RPTAW employees will be contacted to work if required.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Adam.Hamilton@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience [start and end dates (month and year), where, and describe the activities and explain how you performed them] as outlined below:
- Minimum grade 12 completed.
- Minimum of two (2) years retail/commercial services experience, education and/or relevant training in service industry setting.
- Minimum one (1) year full-time equivalent customer services experience (achieved within the past 3 years) in a high volume public facing environment in combination with relevant training;
- Relevant training could include but not limited to banking industry, office administration, cashier training, etc.;
- There will be different combinations of relevant training and one (1) year full-time experience that would result in the person meeting the above standards.
- Minimum of two (2) years customer service experience, providing excellent in-person information and in-person services to the public.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have completed a training program focused on customer service/service excellence.
- Minimum 12 months experience (achieved within the past 3 years) handling financial transactions (eg. payment processing, cash handling) from the public.
- Experience/training in keyboarding, word processing, and standard computer applications (ie. MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, standard computer applications and data bases).
- Preference may be given to applicants who have clerical and administrative office experience in a public service sector environment.
- Willingness to keep self-informed on current trends and issues through ongoing training, education and participation in branch projects.
- Willingness to perform repetitive tasks while standing at a counter or getting up and down from a chair frequently, for up to seven hours a day.
- Willingness to lift and carry boxes/mailbags weighing up to 20 pounds, for distances of up to 10 feet, and to manipulate them from heights which may require the use of a foot stool.
- Willingness to travel occasionally, for varying lengths of time.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire – YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: