Customer Service Representative
An eligibility list may be established for future similar permanent full-time or part-time opportunities or temporary opportunities.
A multi-faceted role in a unique quality service environment
If you’re looking for an exciting full-time role in a dynamic, public service environment, this could be just the position you’re after. As a Customer Service Representative with Service BC in Quesnel, you will be the frontline contact in the delivery of a diverse range of services.
Service BC is a core business area within the Ministry of Citizens’ Services and the provincial government’s chief provider of frontline services to the public by phone, in-person and over the internet. Service BC’s government-wide mandate is to ensure citizens; businesses and the broader public sector have convenient access to high quality, seamless government services. The Service Delivery Branch is responsible for the management and operation of Service BC’s in-person points of service, including over 60 Service BC Centres and public Community Access Terminal Sites computers.
The role of a Customer Service Representative (CSR) is to provide this service in a broad range of statutory and other programs by in-person counter service, telephone and correspondence contacts. The CSR is the frontline contact in the delivery of these services. The CSR is expected to be knowledgeable and customer service oriented, and to exhibit a high degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion. All contacts and service delivery assignments are expected to reflect the spirit of the mission and values statement of Service BC.
Service is provided in a service quality environment which strives to complete all aspects of an information request, application filing or financial transaction as a one visit occurrence or to make arrangements for completing the client’s requirements on a follow through basis by subsequent mail, telephone, or in-person attention from the staff of the responsible ministry. Services are provided for provincial government programs as well as making available a variety of services on behalf of other levels of government and other public sector agencies.
Other duties include clerical and administrative functions, including documentation batching, calculation of fees, recording of transactions, writing related correspondence and reports; and assisting with other administrative aspects of the office. This position may require some travel.
*Client: a ministry, agency or private organization, such as ICBC, that contracts for the service solutions offered by the Ministry of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services.
The City of Quesnel is a vibrant community of 10,000 residents within the city limits and another 13,000 in the regional area. Quesnel is located at the confluence of the Fraser and Quesnel rivers and has one of Canada’s largest forest industries with logging and milling taking place in the community. Quesnel has an affordable housing market, accessible amenities and short commutes. There are numerous community and regional festivals that take place throughout the year and there are lots of activities and sports for individuals and families to participate in and become part of the community. Quesnel is a friendly and approachable community.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact April.Webb@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Minimum grade 12 graduation required, or equivalent
- Two years clerical experience, education and/or relevant training
- Minimum one year full-time equivalent clerical experience (achieved within the past 3 years) in a high volume public facing environment in combination with relevant training
- Relevant training could include but not limited to office administration, cashier training, etc.
- *There will be different combinations of relevant training and one year full-time experience that would result in the person meeting the above standards.
- Minimum two years customer service experience, providing excellent in-person information and services to the public
- Preference may be given to applicants who have completed a training program focused on customer service/service excellence
- Minimum 12 months experience handling financial transactions (eg. payment processing, cash handling) from the public (in the last three years)
- Minimum 12 months experience working in and as part of a team environment with daily interactions with team members specific to the daily tasks being completed in establishing work experience
- Experience/training in keyboarding, word processing, and standard computer applications (ie. MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, standard computer applications, web based forms and data bases)
- Preference may be given to applicants who have clerical and administrative office experience in a public service sector environment
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.