Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the following directions below.***
This posting is for one (1) regular, 0.5 FTE part-time opportunity. The schedule will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
As the Program Assistant with the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC), you will apply your administrative support skills to assist the Executive Coordinator and support the Executive Team. The Program Assistant provides a first point of telephone contact for members of the public, public bodies and private organizations and is responsible for assisting members of the public by providing routine information about privacy and access legislation and about OIPC processes.
This opportunity may be of interest to those individuals who:
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
- Minimum two years of experience providing administrative support services for a group of staff, including working in a confidential capacity, managing calendars, making travel arrangements, booking meetings, and compiling resource material
- Experience receiving, responding to, screening and directing a very high volume of calls and general inquiries
- Experience typing, formatting, and proofreading a variety of documents and materials using desktop tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience providing client service in an adversarial environment
- Preference may be given to applicants with recent (within the last 2 years) experience providing front-desk services.
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, which may include a criminal records check, and/or Criminal Records Review Act (CRRA) check, and/or enhanced security screening checks as required by the ministry
How to Apply:
Complete qualifications, including competencies, are outlined in the job profile available on the careers section of our website: http://www.oipc.bc.ca/about/careers.aspx.
An eligibility list for full-time temporary or permanent future opportunities may be established. This position is excluded from union membership.
Instructions on the application process can be found at:
DO NOT submit your application for this position through the BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications submitted through the BC Government Hiring Centre will not be considered.